Prologue

A/N:
(Y/N): Your Name

Enjoy !

"(Y/N)!" I hear a voice call out, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah?"

I glance behind me and find my older sister walk out from one of the castle's back entrance, one I use most often to 'escape' from the chaos that goes on in the royal family. Sure, yes, it's not all that bad, but sometimes it can be a bit stressful, especially with my father being the captain of the guards.

My sister, Cassandra, approaches and sits down next to me.

"I'm not sure what you find so.. fascinating about the night sky. There's barely any stars out this time of year."

"But there is some." I quickly respond. "These stars all mean something, even the ones you can't see. Sure, the sun may be huge, and provides us life, but the sun is just like the rest of them on the inside--a star."

"So if the sun's a star, then what's the moon-?" Cassandra questions.

"A rock."

"....Seriously?"

"Yep. Still as important as the sun, though."

I gaze into the stars once more, as they pulled me into a trance--like they always do each night as I 'day'dream.

"Well.. Dad says you need to come inside soon. The guards are about to lock up the castle for the night. I'll see you inside?"

Cassandra looks over to me, but I keep my head to the fresh, green floor.

"Yeah, go ahead, Cassie. I just need a few more minutes."

Cassandra stands up to leave, and I look up at the night sky, lightly scattered with stars.

'One day,' I think to myself, 'One day, I'll see you up close. I'll be close enough to the stars, it'll seem like I can reach to touch them out there. And it will be beautiful. One day.'