Chapter 6 - Great Expotations

'I wonder if Varian is gonna be here today..' I pondered, helping Cass set up a purple banner that said 'Exposition of Sciences' in fancy lettering.

'I mean--well, what am I thinking, of course he will. He signed up last year this expo came to Corona-! Knowing Varian, I doubt he won't at least attend.'

"Who's ready for the expo-?!" I heard Varian call out.

"Varian-! I was just wondering when you'd be here. ..What'cha got there..-?"

"Yes-! Oh-Oh this, I was just about to show Cassie--"

"It's Cass--not 'Cassie.'" Cass interrupted. I wonder why he'd want to show Cass-?

"..Right, Cass-not-Cassie, anyways--this invention here can create an entirely new element! I call it--"

I heard a guard whisper to Cass, and her mood immediately peaked as she slid down the ladder...

Leaving me struggling, trying not to drop the banner as Owl tried his best to keep it from falling.

Varian quickly noticed, and rushed up the ladder, and tied the rope around a wooden pole--just as Owl gave out.

I slid down the ladder, "Thanks for that-! Cass is always making me help her out with these kinds of things."

"Ye-Yeah--! It's no proble--"

"Cassandra-! Lookin' good~!" I hear Rapunzel call out. It's nice to see that she attended..

"You should see these inventions on display--look at these crazy goggles-!"

Rapunzel zooms in on Varian with the goggles.

"Oh-! Hi, Varian-!", Rapunzel took off the goggles she found.

"(Y/N)-! It's nice to see you both-! I haven't seen you, Varian, since--"

"--Since your last invention almost killed us-!" Eugene finished Raps' sentence.

"So glad you're here--with what looks like.. another invention-!"

"Please-! I wouldn't miss a chance to promote the merits of alchemy-!" Varian claimed in a dorky voice.

"And wait until you see my invention--I think.. uh, everyone will be impressed--heh,"

"C..Cassandra's gonna be here.. right-? N-Not that I'm doing this for Cassandra-! Aha--! Hah..but, uh.. she is gonna be there... right..-?"

..

..

..Wait.

Does Varian--? No.. I..

I mean, Varian is--well.. Cass.. she's my sister-! It's not like I minded this little crush--it wasn't going to go anywhere anyways--but it still felt kinda weird, and.. it may have stung a bit too...? Well, what matters is the expo right now, and--

...

...Where did he go..-?

..I assumed he must've ran off to prepare his presentation. Last time, Varian had me help him get ready for the expo--so it was weird he didn't ask me this time.. I guess this little crush might've changed him a bit after all..-?

I shrugged it off, and decided to go with Raps and Eugene to look at the other applicants' inventions. Maybe it would help me get my mind off of things..

...Well, it didn't. It was only after looking at a couple inventions, that Rapunzel got inspired and ran off to make some inventions of her own. Really should've seen it coming.