Chapter 5 - What the Hair?!

"So... you touched these black rocks, your hair grew back, the black rocks may be extremely dangerous, and we have no idea why your hair grew back. Yes? Correct?"

"Yeah, we thought you deserved to know how Raps got her hair back." Cass claimed.

"So, what are your plans? For the whole, uh.. hair thing?"

"I think I know someone who can help. His name is Varian."

"Varian...?"

"Uh.. who?" Rapunzel asked.

"He's an alchemist, and uhm, one of my..."

"best.. friends."

"Some say he uses magic, like a wizard.", Cass claimed. This almost made me choke on air. Magic..? Ahah.. Ahem.

"Wow, a real wizard?!", Rapunzel exclaimed.

"Very little is known about him. Luckily, (Y/N), here, knows where to find him."

"So.. this is where Varian lives? It's.. cozy! In a.. I-wish-I-said-goodbye-to-my-loved-ones-before-I-left, kind of way.", Rapunzel stated nervously, but still able to keep a smile on her face.

"Don't worry, Raps, he's not that dangerou--"

Suddenly, I spotted green smoke pouring from underneath the entrance door.

"That's... worrying." I say, a bit of nervousness in my voice as I open up the door.

"Hellooo? Varian?"

His lab seemed a bit more darker than usual.. and an absurd amount of purple fog flooded the room.

"Be careful where you step, Raps.", cautioned Cassandra.

"It's just fog.. I'm sure it's okay..!", Rapunzel is somehow still able to keep things positive. I'm worried about Varian--or at least, what he's working on. This fog seems toxi--

And that's when Cassandra accidentally stepped on one of Varian's boobytraps. I looked over and saw a purple liquid being drained into a domino effect chemistry experiment, and before I knew it, we were all stuck in...purple goo?

We saw a shadowy figure approach us, though I couldn't see much with the purple fog blinding my eyes. An ominous voice came from the figure,

"What do you want?"

"Uh.. hi! So sorry to bother you.. sir, but I wanted to ask you about my hair..? Since you're such a magic exp--"

"Magic?! I do not work with magic!"

"Well, technically it's not magic, it's alchemy--but yo..you know, don't sweat it..!"

The figure lifted up their protection faceplate to reveal,

"...Varian?"

"Oh! (Y-Y/N)! I didn't expect to.. see you today! ..Hi!"

I smiled at his nervousness. He amuses me.. in a way.

"So, err...what is this..?" Rapunzel questions, making a gesture to the purple goo below her.

"Oh! That-That is a chemical compound--of my own design..thank you.. You see, we have a bit of a critter problem, here-here in Corona and--! Through the miracle of modern alchemy.. I found a.. humane way to solve the problem..!" Varian goes on about the compound and ends up.. getting us out of it, as he tosses Ruddiger into a nearby closet.

"Ha..! Ha I am.. so sorry-! Yo-Your highness.."

"Your highness..? Haha.. you uh, know who I am..?" Rapunzel asks.