Chapter 4 - The Surprise

A/N:

This was SUPER SHORT and SUPER CHEESY but enjoy anyway cause this is the last you'll get from non-canon stories, from here on its gonna all be canon eps (this could change, though....)

also i very evenly spaced my chapters so i could make a portal 2 reference in the title, enjoy

(E/C): Eye Color

*knock..knock..*

...

...

"(Y/N)!"

"Hi, Varian.."

.....

.....

"...Listen, (Y/N), I am so sorry I isolated myself from you. I just-- I'm sorry. But, I wanted to show you what I was doing. Follow me."

'Weird..'

Varian was leading me out behind his house. What could possibly be so important? I mean, I'm so glad he apologized, and I'm getting somewhat of an explanation, but--

"Ahem, here it is!"

.
.
.
.

"...Uhm.. (Y/N--"

I engulfed him in a tight embrace.

Varian froze up from the sudden contact, but then leaned into the hug.

"..Thank you....!" I whispered to him, tears nearing the edge of my eyes as I let go from the embrace....and sprinted towards the telescope, and began to inspect every little detail.

"Aha! You made this?" I asked, unable to wipe the grin off my face.

"Mhm!"

"For me?"

"Of..Of course! That's what.."

I turned to him.

"That's what friends.. are for. Right..? Aha.."

"R..Right."

I sat there, carefully analyzing each aspect of the telescope in awe.

3rd POV

Varian watched from the sidelines. He seemed almost overjoyed at how much you liked it--no, he was overjoyed. He was even more delighted to know it was of his own design. Varian would give Ruddiger some credit later. As he watched from a distance, he started to notice some things about you. Your (E/C) eyes--the way they sparkled looking at his invention.
How (Y/N) treated the telescope so delicately, and--

"I think I see the moon out, Varian." (Y/N) stated, and makes a hand gesture for Varian to sit beside them.

(Y/N) closely inspected the moon through the telescope, still starry-eyed.

"It's so beautiful.... Here, Varian take a look!" (Y/N) excitedly moves the telescope to Varian's direction. While Varian was looking through the telescope, Ruddiger made the excellent idea to rush over and pounce in Varian's lap.

"Agh-! Ruddiger..-!"

(Y/N) slightly chuckled at the sight.
.
.
.
"I really did miss you, Varian."

"I..I missed you too, (Y/N)."