Chapter 10 - Rapunzel's Return

A/N:
alr so im in hawaii while writing this (had to force myself to get stuff done on vacation) but i wanted to let y'all know how im doing ! these last few chapters (yes we're coming up on a finale) are hopefully gonna be really good! im getting to the part in a story where it's actually fun to write, rather than just thinking i have to write,, so im really excited !! this is going on for a bit, so i'll just cut to the story,, enjoy !!

Quick TW!!!

Some mentions of blood, small mentions of vomit, and some gore scenes. I will put a warning for the gore scenes, and a mark for when the scene ends, so you can easily skip it !^^

Calm.

Quiet.

The night.

..Peace.

Something I've wanted all my life. Pure silence in my room, being drowned by my thoughts. It was a big wish of mine.

..It was unsettling now.

The thoughts that clouded my brain.. they weren't good. They weren't 'daydreams'.

After everything.. nothing felt calm. Not in my head, it wasn't.

Rapunzel was fine, though. She felt great. In fact, she felt so great that she left immediately after the incident to, and I quote, 'follow her destiny'.

...and threw Varian in jail.

...

I don't even know how long he's going to be there. I can't get up to check.. Hell, he might be in there for life--I.. I don't know..

..I can't get up to check because of guard's orders--my dad. Apparently I got a fractured leg from the fight, discovered about four weeks ago. Now, my father has been especially strict that I stay in bed. I don't even get crutches.

Speaking of.. maybe I could try to check in with the guards..? It has been a while since my father last came to see me.. perhaps he was gone--gone on an important mission. And besides, I'm sure my leg has healed by now.. It's been about five weeks.. yeah-! I'll.. I'll be fine. I'll just check to see how long he'll be in prison, and come straight back to bed.

"..I'll be fine."

I stood up and felt an immediate pain in my leg, causing me to topple over. I caught myself with the small nightstand that rested beside my bed. I almost accidentally broke the lamp that sat on top of it.

"..Alright..! So, uh, not good.. I.. I can still do this-! I.."

...

..?

Why was I feeling so.. bright? In a situation like this-?

This was the most optimistic I've ever been. And this was quite possibly one of the worst conditions I've been in.

..

It didn't matter.. I had to do something.

It took me a while, but after a few minutes I was able to stand on my own--my walk was more of a limp, though. This wasn't something I could just walk off.. but I tried.

...

..

..I don't care what he did. Even if it may be wrong to care for Varian at this point, I couldn't deny that he was the one that was clouding my head--and not in a positive light.