The healer - Part 2 - Geralt x Jaskier x Reader

(Y/n) rushed over to where Geralt stood, carefully picking up the other man's head so that she could see his face. The breath catching in her throat as she noted his pallor and the blood coming from his mouth and nose.

"Quick. Get him to the bedroom." The healer told the concerned looking Witcher. (Y/n) pushing him in the direction of the room, before running around getting everything that she thought she would need. Pouring some water into a bowl before following after the big man.

"Put him down." (Y/n) instructed, placing the bowl of cold water on a table next to the bed, before taking a seat next to her unexpected patient's side. Carefully lifting up his eyelids so that she could see the orb beneath. Sniffing at the man and detecting something that she shouldn't be able to.

"Did he eat anything? Anything that you didn't. Anything that he wouldn't normally?" The healer enquired, as she opened the man's jacket, and pushed it off his shoulders. Her fingers delicately touching his flesh, as she did her best to assess him.

"No, nothing................oh perhaps................"

"Prehaps what, Geralt...............?"

"We made camp last night, and he want to get some water. He came back with a handful of berry looking things. He offered me one but................."

"They weren't black and red, were they? Did they have a sweet aroma and a dark juice.................?"

"I...........I think................."

"Don't think, Geralt. Is that what they looked like?" (Y/n) interrupted again, as she turned to look at her old friend.

"Yes..........yes.........they were black with what looked like little red marks. And I could smell their sweetness from some distance." The Witcher responded. Watching as (Y/n) looked at all the things that she had brought into the room with her.

"Blood berries. I thought so.............."

"Blood berries? What are blood berries...............?" Geralt countered, as he moved a little further into the room. The Witcher sure that he had never heard of them. Looking on as (Y/n) took a small, green pellet from a bottle and placed it into Jaskier's mouth. Sitting him up as best she could, and quietly telling him that he had to swallow.

"Blood berries. I use them a lot to help thin or clot the blood. But they have to be prepared in a very particular way. Not anyone can do it, and if you eat them raw, they can do this. I just hope that you got him here in time. The pill that I gave him should help. It should counter the poison found in the berries' seeds. But we will have to see. Within the next twenty-four hours, we should know." (Y/n) explained, as she slowly lay her patient back down.

"What's his name?" (Y/n) continued, as she soaked a piece of cloth in the water and carefully wiped away the blood from his face. Then the sweat from his brow. Soaking it again, before placing the cloth to his chest to relieve some of the heat that was coming from the man.

"His name is Jaskier. He's a bar...........my friend............." Geralt explained, as he moved to get a better look at the bard. A heavy breath leaving him, as he saw a hint of colour return to Jaskier's cheeks.

"Well, you did the right thing in bringing him here, Geralt. If you had left it any longer, I don't think that he would have survived. But now, there is nothing more that you can do. Best to leave it to me. There is some stew in the pot hanging over the fire if you are hungry. Water in the jug and some ale in the cupboard if you want." The healer told him, as she got to her feet and ushered him out of the room. (Y/n) giving him a reassuring smile and placing a kiss to his cheek, before closing the door. The big man standing there for a moment. His hand moving so that his fingers brushed over the spot where she had kissed. Geralt laughing to himself, before turning and making his way to the fire. Taking the lid off the stew pot and smelling it. Sure, that the healer was as good at cooking, as she was with her herbs. The white wolf happily filling a wooden bowl with the mix of meat and vegetables, before taking a seat.

He was sure that (Y/n) hadn't changed one little bit since he had seen her last. No, that was a lie, he was sure that she had gotten more beautiful, if that was possible. But she was still as caring. Still as sweet. Still as willing to care for anyone that came to her for help, as she had ever been. He knew that he would have to thank her for all this when Jaskier was better. That he would have to tell her that he had missed her. Apologise for not having visited her for so long. But he was sure that she would understand. She always did. Geralt sure that she was too good for the world. But it was a world that would be less if she wasn't in it.

                                                         >>----------------------------------<<

(Y/n) chuckled to herself as she closed the door. She was sure that Geralt hadn't changed since she had last seen him. No, she was wrong, she actually believed that he had got more handsome if that was possible. Sure, that fighting whatever monster he had to, definitely agreed with the Witcher. The healer letting out a soft sigh, as she took a seat back next to Jaskier.

"Well, it is very nice to meet you, Jaskier. I hope that you know you have to get better. Geralt seemed to be very concerned about you. Though I do promise that I am going to help you as much as I can." (Y/n) told the quiet bard. The healer dipping the cloth into the cooling water yet again, before placing it to the man's head. A small smile pulling at the corners of her lips, as he slowly opened his bloodshot eyes and looked at her.

"Am............am I dead................?" Jaskier croaked, as he looked at the woman by his side. His hand slowly moving until it was resting on hers.

"Why would you think that.....................?"

"Because nothing as beautiful as you could be of this world.........." The bard continued. A grin forming on his lips as he looked at her.

"Oh, you are definitely a bard. No, Jaskier, you are not dead. And I am very much of this world. My name is (Y/n) and I'm a friend of Geralt. He bought you here because you ate some blood berries and they have poisoned you. I have given you something to counteract the toxins in the fruit's seeds, but I need you to rest now. To let my medicine, do its work." (Y/n) replied with a chuckle. Her smile getting broader, as the bard slowly nodded its head, and then allowed it to drop back on the pillow.

"I will, on one condition...................."

"And what condition is that................?"

"That you don't leave me.................." Jaskier told her. His grip on her hand getting a little tighter.

"I wouldn't dream of it............................."