Ice Giant - Part 8 - Jaskier x Geralt x Reader

Jaskier breathed a sigh of relief as the small town that (Y/n) had told them that they would find, came into sight. The smoke coming from the numerous little chimneys, giving the bard some hope for a warm fire. It had been a strange morning, he had awoken to find the cave that he and the two Witchers had been sheltering in, was empty; (Y/n), Geralt, Roach, Shadow and even his little Buttercup, nowhere to be seen. The bard wrapping his cloak around his shoulders, before making his way to the entrance of the cave; his eyes firstly falling on the three mounts that were munching happily on some grass that the snow had been cleared away from; a small smile tugging at his lips, as his mule pushed its way between the mare and stallion to get to the best grass. Yet this smile fell, when his eyes caught the figures that stood together some distance away, Geralt holding (Y/n) close and brushing his fingers through her long, pale hair, as the snow began to once more fall from the sky.

Jaskier wasn't sure what to think; perhaps Geralt was just comforting (Y/n), for some reason. Perhaps he was trying to reassure her about something; for despite the rivalry that (Y/n) had told him that there had been between her and the male Witcher, she had also mentioned a friendship. A friendship that had obviously meant a lot to her, before the whole Kikimora incident had taken place.

It was true to say that the female Witcher had never gone into any specifics about this previous friendship; she had never elaborated on just how close she and Geralt had been; but if the way that his friend was holding the pale haired beauty was anything to go by, then it would appear that there had been more to it, than he could have thought. The bard feeling something gnaw away at the pit of his stomach, something that he could only really describe as..........well, jealousy.

He had thought that there was something between he and (Y/n). He had already come to feel quite strongly for her and had thought that she felt something for him too. Between the kiss, the way that they would look at one another, as they pushed Shadow and Buttercup onwards into the snow, and how she acted towards him, Jaskier had come to truly believe that when they could finally be alone, he would get the chance to see the female Witcher in all her naked glory. But watching on as Geralt gently kissed (Y/n)'s forehead, the minstrel was no longer sure about anything. The bard quiet all the way to the village, musing over what he had seen, hoping that at some point he would be able to ask the beautiful Witcher, whether she felt anything for him, or not.

                                                       >>------------------------------------<<

Geralt had been quiet all the way to the little town. Now admittedly, that was nothing unusual, Geralt did not talking, very well; but this time, he was not thinking about monsters that he might have to face, or locals that might be against him. No, this time, he was thinking about (Y/n) and what she had said.

Having her back in his arms after so long, had made him feel, in all truth, happy. The smell of her, the feel of her against him was something that he hadn't realised that he had missed so much. The male Witcher lamenting the time that they had been apart, the time that he had allowed to pass without finding her and explaining what had really happened that day in the forest. But now that they were back together, Jaskier was also in the picture.

The things that she had said about the bard, about how she felt about him, were forefront in his mind; about how Jaskier made her smile, made her laugh. How the bard made her feel alive, just like he had done when they had spent time together. How he showed her that there could be more to life than just trying to get herself killed by all manner of creatures, made it obvious to the male Witcher, that (Y/n) really did care about Jaskier. That his friend had truly found a place in her heart; but she had also said that that didn't mean that there wasn't room for him too. That there wasn't room for both men in there, and..........in her bed. Geralt wondering whether he would be happy to share (Y/n) with the bard; whether Jaskier would be happy to share her with him................

"The tavern is in the center of town, We should be able to get a room there........" (Y/n) said, her voice breaking the silence that had surrounded the trio since the morning. The female Witcher leading the way, the two men looking at one another for a moment, before following after her.

                                                               >>-------------------------------<<

"You've been here before............?" Geralt asked, as the three of them made their way from the stables, where Roach, Shadow, and Buttercup were now munching happily on hay, towards the inn.

"Yes. This is the last stop before you get to the hills where your Ice Giants may be. Just like the villages, they have had to deal with Ice Trolls for some time. If anyone is going to know the truth as to whether there are Ice Giants in the area, it will be the people that live here..............." The female Witcher explained, as they finally got to the surprisingly bustling tavern. (Y/n) pushing open the door and gesturing for the boys to go in.

                                                               >>----------------------------------<<

"(Y/n)...........? Is that you.............?" The husky man behind the counter said, as she, Geralt and Jaskier pushed their way through the other patrons.

"It is........how are you, Beron..........?" The female Witcher replied, shaking the tavern owner's hand.

"You and er, ya friends here about them damn Giants...........The man continued, as he looked between (Y/n) and the two men behind her. The pale haired woman smiling and nodding, not even having to have asked around to already find out what she needed to know.

"That we are, Beron. So, I would appreciate it is you could give us some rooms for at least tonight.................."

"I can't give ya any rooms. It's the busiest time a tha year. Villagers are coming in from all over ta get the last of their supplies afore tha really heavy snow falls. I only got one room...................."

"Is it the room with the bath................?"

"Aye, but there's only one bed.............."

"We'll take it.................." (Y/n) smiled, taking the key that the large man offered. Her smile getting even broader, as she turned to look at Geralt and Jaskier.

"Well.........are you two coming, or not...................?"