The healer - Part 5 - Geralt x Jaskier x Reader

Apologies for the lack of updates, I have been in hospital for surgery and was only allowed to come home at the beginning of this week. But now that I can do nothing but recuperate, I hope that I will be able to get back on track.

Geralt looked out from the stables, as the last few people made their way into (Y/n)'s small home. All day they had been coming, some from near and some from far. Some had been travelling for days to get to the healer, some even longer; and not one had been turned away by (Y/n). Not one had left without receiving her care and something filled with one of her healing balms or concoctions.

The Witcher had been sat in the chair next to the fire, when the first few people had knocked on her door. His yellow eyes watching intently, as (Y/n) had opened the ingress and bid her visitors enter. The healer having to eventually usher him out of the door, as more than one person backed away when they had seen the large, paled haired Witcher looking at them. (Y/n) telling him to go and spent some time with Roach, as he was scaring people away. That she didn't want sick people to be confronted by a glaring Witcher whose hands were sat on the swords that were laying across his lap.

"She said you can come back when the last person leaves........." A voice came from behind Geralt. The White Wolf turning to see a still pale Jaskier make his way slowly over to him.

"What are you doing out of bed............?" Geralt replied, as the bard came to join him, leaning against the fence.

"(Y/n) said that I needed to get some fresh air. That I needed to start moving.........." Jaskier explained, Geralt just nodding his head, as the two men looked at the little house.

"She is amazing................"

"What................?"

"(Y/n), she's amazing..........She started cooking before dawn this morning so that you and I could eat, and then she has done nothing but treat everyone that has come to the door, for the rest of the day. Not once did I hear her moan or complain. Not once did I hear her tell someone that she couldn't or wouldn't help.............."

"No, and you never will. Its not in her to do that. I have known her for years, and not once have I ever seen her turn away a sick person. Not once have I ever heard her say that she couldn't help. Not once have I ever heard her complain about doing what she does. She is truly a gifted woman............."

"You love her.................."

"What...........don't be ridiculous................."

"Why are you protesting? I heard you two at breakfast. There is nothing wrong with it. What? The big, bad, scary Witcher can't have feelings like the rest of us.........? Let me guess, you don't think that you deserve love. That it is too dangerous for you to have feelings for her, because of what and who you are. Because you don't want her to get hurt. From what I know, what she has told me and what I have seen, I think it would take a lot for anyone, or anything, to hurt (Y/n). She is a surprisingly strong woman. That........and there is nothing wrong with wanting a normal life. Nothing wrong with wanting to forget about fighting monsters and nearly getting thrown out of every town and village you go to, and instead, waking up to (Y/n) every morning." Jaskier interrupted. Geralt turning to look at him, the Witcher sure that somehow the bard had been able to read his mind. Was able to see into his dreams.

Alright, it was true; anyone with eyes would only have to watch himself and (Y/n) for a few moments, before they realised that the pair cared deeply for one another. That Geralt would do anything for her and to protect her; but wanting this normal life, where he woke every morning to find her in his arms. Where all he had to do in a day was hunt for food for both of them, was to chop wood for the fire and be there for her as she cared for all the people that came to her for assistance, before he could hold her close and fall asleep with her, was surely just a dream that would never, could never come true. And just thinking about it, just the thought that he and (Y/n) might never actually ever get the chance to really be together; that all he was destined to do, was die at the hands, or tentacles of one of the monsters that he fought, was making his heart hurt; and he hated to think what it was doing to (Y/n).

He knew that she was no fool; that she was not blind to who and what he was. That she too, must know that any hopes that she might hold in her heart that he would actually be able to stay with her and turn his back on what he did, would only remain just hopes, and that made things even worse. The last thing that he ever wanted to do was hurt her. He knew that she deserved so much more. That she deserved a man that could be with her all the time. That could be there to give her the love and protection that she was worthy of; yet the notion that all that could come from another man and not him, made Geralt feel sick to his stomach.

"I think that was the last one." Jaskier suddenly said, as he watched (Y/n) hug an elderly lady. The healer waving at her as she made her way over to a small wagon that had been sat there waiting for the grey-haired female. (Y/n) continuing to wave, as the mule slowly pulled the rickety cart out of sight.

"Geralt.........Jaskier.............dinner!" (Y/n) called out, as she turned her gaze to the stables. Both men able to see her bright smile even from a distance.

"I think that I feel the need to sleep in the stable tonight. Like (Y/n) said, I need some fresh air, and I have so missed the odour of horse sweat and manure..........perhaps after dinner, you and (Y/n) could spend some time together, before you decide that it's time to leave.............." Jaskier said, as he looked at the big man by his side. Giving the Witcher a small smile, before making his way back to the home. Leaving Geralt to his thoughts. To wonder how (Y/n) would take it when he told her that now Jaskier was nearly his old self, that they would have to move on.