The healer - Part 3 - Geralt x Reader

(Y/n) let out a sigh as her patient finally drifted off to sleep. He looked so much better now. The colour had returned to his skin, and the blood had stopped trickling from his nose. The healer glad that her little compound had helped the man. Happy that Geralt had got him to her in time. And speaking of Geralt...............(Y/n) slowly getting to her feet and making her way to the door of her room. She would have to go and check on Geralt. She knew that the large, pale haired man was a Witcher, capable of many things. Capable of finding and killing all manner of dangerous creature and murderous monster; but that didn't mean that he didn't get injured. That he didn't get marked, cut, bruised. So, now that the bard was slumbering peacefully, so would go and check on her old friend.

Quietly she opened the door and slipped out of the room. A smile forming as she saw Geralt sat next to the fire, his head leant back against the chair, and his eyes closed. There was something about the wolf when he was like this. Something otherworldly. He looked peaceful. (Y/n) quite sure that he didn't find himself in that state very often, so, she wished that she could leave him like that; but the large angry looking gash on his cheek called for her attention, and if there was one wound, where Geralt was concerned, there was bound to be more.

"He is doing much better, before you ask............." (Y/n) suddenly said, answering the Witchers unspoken question. The healer quite aware that he wasn't asleep. (Y/n) grabbing a cloth before she took a pot of happily bubbling water from her fire. Making her way to a small basin so that she could clean up before examining her new patient.

"You got him here just in time. Any longer and the effects of the bloodberries would have been irreversible. The bleeding would have got worse. It would very soon have begun to leave his body from every orifice. And he would have kept bleeding until he eventually had no more blood to give. So, may I suggest in future Geralt, that you keep your bard fed with other things than poisonous berries." (Y/n) added. A small smile kissing her lips, as she finished washing her hands and arms. Not noticing the smile that graced the White wolf's own face.

He had once told her that she made him feel like a child begin chastised by a concerned mother when she said things like that. That he felt as though he should have his head bowed and be kicking at the stones on the floor, as he did his best to avoid her disapproving, yet caring eyes. But he couldn't help but admit that it was nice to have someone concerned about him, to be worried, and that was why had always felt comfortable when he was in (Y/n)'s presence. He had always wanted to find somewhere where he felt as though he could let his guard down, and instead of being the Witcher, the Butcher of Blaviken, he could just be Geralt. That he could be a man that was accepted for all his faults. And here, in this little house at the edge of a mighty wood, with smoke always coming from its chimney and a steady stream of the frail and the infirm lined up outside the dark green, wooden door, he knew that he had found it. That he had not only found it in this place, but in the woman that made it a home.

"Now, come on..........let me look at you................." The healer said, as she made her way over to where the Witcher still sat with his eyes closed.

"I am fine, (Y/n)...............I..............."

"Oh no you don't, Geralt. You say that every time, and every time you have some injury that needs to be cared for. I know what you are, and what you can do. That you heal quicker than others and you can withstand, poisons, potions and disease, but that doesn't mean that I am going to let you off. Your wounds still need cleaning, just in case something that you are not impervious to finds its way into your body. Now, no more complaining." (Y/n) quickly interrupted, as she carefully took his chin in the palm of her hand. The Witcher slowly opening his eyes. His yellow orbs taking in every part of her face. He knew that he had thought this a thousand times and would more than likely think it a thousand times more, but the woman that was looking down on him with such a loving and caring gaze, was one of the most beautiful things that he had ever seen. And if and when it came his time to leave this world, he would happily do so if it were in her arms. If hers was the last face he saw.

"Fine..........but only because it's you.................." Geralt replied, as he took her free hand and brought it up to his lips so that he could kiss her knuckles.

                                                      >>----------------------------------<<

"Did you eat enough...........?" (Y/n) asked, as she tended to a series of long cuts, or should that be slices across the Witcher's neck. Geralt chuckling to himself at her continued concern.

"Yes...........it was good, thank you.............."

"Good. I hope you left enough for Jaskier though. He will need food when he wakes up. I won't be letting him leave until he has built his strength back up, I hope you know that.............." The healer continued, before moving her little stool so that she could get a better look at the deep gash on his cheek. A cloth that had been dipped in a rather dark looking and slightly smelly liquid, being applied to his skin. Geralt doing his best not to hiss at the slight tinge of pain that seemed to make its way up into his head. The wolf knowing that it was pointless to argue. For when (Y/n) said she wouldn't be letting the bard leave until she deemed him fit, he knew that she meant it. Not that he minded, as it meant that he would have to stay too.

"And what may I ask did all this to you this time? A Chernobog.........? A Leshy................"

"It was a Bruxa..............." Geralt said, as he took her hand and held it tight. His eyes fixed on hers as he pulled her a little closer.

"I know that I might not have said this enough (Y/n), but...........but thank you for all that you have done for me. For all that you have done for Roach and now Jaskier. I owe you so much................."

"You owe me nothing, Geralt. I do what I do, because I care about you. Because I hate to see you hurt, to see those that you care about, hurt. I do it because............"

"Because..........what...............?"

"Nothing..........nothing. Now, you need to sleep, and as your bard has taken my bed.............." The healer quickly answered, as she got to her feet and pulled Geralt along with her out of the little home and into the stables where roach was happily munching on some hay.

"We will have to find alternative arrangements..............." (Y/n) added, as she pulled two thick blankets from the rafters of the stable, throwing one over a large pile pf straw before taking a seat and patting the spot next to her. Geralt chuckling as he joined her. The Witcher placing his weary head to her chest, as she pulled the other blanket over them. A soft sigh leaving his lips as he listened to her heart. The reassuring sound lulling him into a sleep that he never had unless he was with (Y/n). The last think he could remember, the feel of her lips against his hair before he drifted off to sleep.