The healer - Part 4 - Geralt x Reader

Geralt moved, humming a little as he did so. He was warm, comfortable, and he felt more rested than he had done in a very long time. When he had gone to sleep, his head had been resting on (Y/n) bosom. The feel of her lips against his head and her fingers that combed through his hair, had made him pull her a little closer. The Witcher more than happy that Jaskier had taken her bed. That it had given him a chance to be this close to the beautiful healer.

In his sleep, he had dreamed of many things. He had seen himself chopping wood outside of (Y/n)'s little home, his hair not as white as snow but as black as a raven's wing; his eyes blue not yellow. Suddenly (Y/n) had appeared, Geralt watching as he had dropped the axe to the floor and pulled her into his arms. His lips resting against her forehead, as he had placed his hand on her swollen belly. He couldn't help but think that he looked happy. That the whole scene was quite idyllic. It was a life that he might have hoped for if he hadn't ended up at the School of the Wolf. If he hadn't been through all the trials.

And then the scene had changed. He and (Y/n) were now in her bed. Their bodies soaked in sweat. The Witcher smiling at the memory of looking down at her. Her eyes filled with nothing but love, as she had placed her hand on his cheek. Telling him that she loved him, before he had fallen to her side and pulled her into his arms; Geralt sure that he could still feel her there. That he could still feel her arms wrapped around him.

Slowly he opened one eye, the Witcher looking around, sitting upright as it became obvious that (Y/n) was no longer led next to him on the pile of hay. Geralt quickly throwing back the blanket that covered him and making his way to the door of the stables. The big man breathing a sigh of relief, as he heard the sound of the healer singing and the smell of food coming from the small home. Geralt making his way back to the makeshift bed and grabbing the leather armour that he had thrown to one side, before heading for the little home. His belly grumbling as the he pushed his way through the front door. A smile coming to him lips as the sound of (Y/n)'s laughter rang out. It obvious that Jaskier was recovering from his brush with the deadly blood berries.

                                                        >>--------------------------------<<

"He didn't...........?" (Y/n) laughed, as Jaskier recounted his latest story. The bard nodding as the healer helped him eat his breakfast. Jaskier claiming that he was still feeling weak, but in all honesty, he just liked having the beautiful woman close to him. Having her look after him. "He did, I swear. Of course, he would never admit to it, but......................."

"Who wouldn't admit what..............?" A voice suddenly interjected. (Y/n) and Jaskier looking over to see Geralt stood in the doorway to the room. The Witcher almost filling the space as he looked at them both, his arms folded across his chest as he leant up against the jamb.

"Or, er........................."

"No one you would know, Geralt. Just someone that Jaskier once came across in his travels.............." (Y/n) interrupted the bard. Turning and giving Jaskier a wink before getting up from his side.

"Well, now that you are awake, sleepyhead, perhaps you would like breakfast?" The healer continued, pulling the sheets up around Jaskier and giving him a quick kiss on the forehead before making her way over to the now shocked Geralt, the big man focusing on the still ill appearing but now also smug looking bard, as (Y/n) made her way past him.

"What................?"

"What was all that about..............?" Geralt enquired, as he focused solely on the minstrel.

"What was what about..............?" Jaskier replied, now giving his friend one of his best innocent looks.

"(Y/n).........she kissed you............"

"Oh, yes........she did, didn't she............Well, what can I say, she has eyes, and even at death's door, I can still be charming." The bard explained with a fake cough. Geralt just giving out a huff, before closing the door to the room, rather more forcefully than he really should have done and making his way to where (Y/n) was stirring something in a pot over the brightly burning fire in the hearth.

"(Y/n).........what................?"

"Sit..............."

"What...............?"

"Sit, Geralt.............I didn't get up early to make you and Jaskier breakfast so that you could stand there and let it get cold." The healer stated, as she turned to look at him. Geralt opening his mouth to speak again, but shutting it as (Y/n) pointed to the chair at the small table in the middle of the room. The man that was able to face all manner of fearsome and foul beast, dutifully taking seat like a child that had been scolded by his mother. The White Wolf smiling as the beautiful woman placed a plate in front of him.

"Now eat, and then you can go and feed Roach." (Y/n) continued, before turning back to the bubbling pot on the fire. A thick, sweet sticky smell filling the air as she stirred the contents.

Geralt watched her, as she sprinkled something into the cauldron before quickly removing it from the flame so that it didn't bubble over. A bunch of green leaves being added before she stirred it again. She had always amazed him, always made him wonder where she had acquired all her knowledge of medicinal herbs and flora. How she had such a way with those that came to her door for treatment with all manner of ailments. And, it was that "way" that he was finding himself a little concerned about. Or should that be...........that kiss. Even if it were only to the bard's forehead.

"(Y/n).............." Geralt began, between forkfuls of food.

"Hmmmmm................?"

"Why did you kiss Jaskier..............?"

"What...........? Did I.........? Oh, I didn't...........wait..........." (Y/n) smiled, as she turned all her attention to the big man that had nearly already finished his breakfast.

"Are you jealous.................?"

"Jealous..........? Why would I be..............."

"You are...........oh, Geralt. That is so sweet." (Y/n) chuckled, as she came to stand next to him. Her fingers carefully pushing some of his pale hair away from his face as the Witcher tried to protest that he wasn't jealous, that he was just asking. Geralt pulling her into his lap, as he suddenly found her lips on his. His arms wrapping around her tightly.

"You know, you're so cute when you're jealous, but don't worry, I only have eyes for one man, Geralt. And that just happens to be a certain Witcher that I know." The healer told him, as they moved apart, Geralt resting his forehead against hers.

"Now, go and feed Roach while I finish this.............." (Y/n) added, giving him another little kiss before getting up from his knee. Geralt unable to stop himself from smiling, as he rose from the chair and made his way out of the door. The Witcher finding himself wondering if some part of his dream might one day have a chance of coming true.