ch15

They reached Konoha around noon. They went to the Hokage's office to give their report. First, others shared their discoveries then Naruto handed in his discovery report along with the scrolls.

The Hokage reassured him that the items would be returned to him as soon as they were matched with his report, and it was ensured that there was nothing dangerous among them.

Naruto also informed Hokage about his gifts to his comrades and his summons. The Hokage reassured him that it was all alright. Finally, after some more questions, they were dismissed.

Kakashi gave Naruto a hair ruffle before shunshining away. Itachi said that he had to report to his father and shunshined as well. Naruto was ready to do the same when Shisui grabbed the back of his outfit.

"No, no, no, otouto, you are coming with me to the hospital," Shisui said as he threw Naruto over his shoulder.

"But Shisui-nii, there is a medical bay in the base," Naruto said as he struggled to get out of the boys' grip.

"No, I don't trust you to go to a medic on your own. I'm coming with you," Shisui said and shunshined them both with a fast speed, not letting Naruto protest.

Naruto knew he couldn't win an argument against his brother figure, so he decided to give in to his fate. Thankfully the hospital wasn't crowded, and they got to their visit soon.

The doctor was an undercover ROOT agent for situations like these. They didn't want the agents exposed, so they had some high-ranking staff in the hospital. The doctor gave Naruto a checkup.

It wasn't anything serious, but he had to keep himself from using chakra in his feet for a while. His feet were also bandaged, which made it hard to move comfortably. After getting out of the hospital, Shisui dragged Naruto to a dango shop to get him in a better mood.

"Come on, otouto, you can't be mad at me forever. I know you hate hospitals, but your health is important." Shisui told a pouting Naruto.

"It was just not necessary. You know I'm a medic too. I'm not an expert, but I told you that I only needed to rest." Naruto said, chewing on his dango.

"I know about your skills very well, but it never hurts to be sure," Shisui said and kept poking Naruto in the side until he finally gave in.

"Fine, I forgive you, but I won't make any mochi for two weeks," Naruto said.

"NOOOOO. That is so cruel. Please, I can't live without mochis." Shisui said, sounding hurt. He held his hands to his chest as if in pain.

"You brought this to yourself, nii-san," Naruto said with a slight chuckle.

Suddenly they heard someone calling to them. It was Itachi. He joined them and sat next to them. After asking about Naruto's health, he said." Naruto. My father invited you over for dinner tomorrow night. he wants to thank you for the gifts and also get to meet you." Itachi said.

"There is no need to thank me, Itachi. We are friends. But it would be rude to turn down an invitation from a clan head so that I would be there. At what time should I be there?" Naruto asked.

"Around 6. I will see you at the main gates. You are also coming, Shisui." Itachi said.

They talked for a while, and then it was time to go. Naruto had to take the long way to the base since he wasn't allowed to shunshin. Finally, he got to the base and went to Danzo's office.

He gave Danzo a few scrolls, he didn't provide the Hokage and his report. Danzo wasn't happy about Naruto giving out a summoning scroll, but after Naruto told him that the clan head had invited him for dinner, he thought of it as an opportunity.