ch22

Finally, a servant came in to fetch them. Naruto was wearing a simple yet elegant red kimono. There was a pattern of autumn leaves on the bottom. He also had his hair in a neat ponytail. His leaf headband was on his forehead. Fuu and Torune were wearing simple brown kimonos.

While they were ninjas, this wasn't a formal ninja situation, so they were required to wear formal attire. They also left all their weapons and ninja-related items in the room in a visible place, as was the custom.

They went through a quick bodily check before being granted entrance to the room. Naruto walked in front with Fuu and Torune behind him. They all entered the room with their gazes lowered. They went to their prepared positions and did a full bow, waiting for permission before raising their heads from the ground.

The daimyo made a motion with his hand. "Rise and state your business shinobi of the hidden leaf." Daimyo's attendant said.

"We are here on behalf of the leaf village. To discuss the existence of the ROOT and the benefits of this organization." Naruto said in a calm and collected voice.

The daimyo made a motion for him to continue. "The ROOT was originally founded years ago. The main function was to take missions that would otherwise bring a bad reputation to Konoha and the land of fire."

"However, after the third war, it was disbanded by the Yondaime. Today I am here to discuss the possibility of a new ROOT. There are many political and sensitive missions that require a more delicate touch."

"Missions of high sensitivity that, if unsuccessful and the operators are caught, can lead to war among the nations. There is no need for me to explain the nature or existence of these missions."

"ROOT operators are all trained professionals. They spend years mastering a skill. Whether it's infiltration, assassination, or other missions, they have an advantage over the regular forces because they are faceless. Nameless and ready to do what is needed for the land of fire."

"If an operator is caught, many fail-safes are in place to ensure nothing is left of them. Another reason that normal shinobi cannot be sent on such missions is the danger. Each hidden village takes pride in their well-known shinobi and the loss of such shinobi can cause damage to the reputation of the village."

"Of course, there is the ANBU, but there is the problem with their limited numbers. While their missions are in difficulty above most Jonin, and they have to be in the top shinobi's to even consider joining the ANBU, their numbers are more limited, and we can't risk the higher ranking ANBU on death missions."

"These high-profile shinobi are the main reason that another war has broken out yet. ROOT shinobi are expandable. A good number of them can be sent on a mission to ensure success, and if an operator is killed, there are more to take their place."

"We want to ensure the peace lasts, and in case of another war breaking out, the land of fire will have many operators in the shadows to protect it and ensure victory. I am here to ask to officialize the ROOT as an organization under the direct command of the daimyo."

"While the Hokage is under the command of the daimyo, if the ROOT is subjected to the same rules as the other shinobi of the leaf, our actions will be more limited. Nevertheless, if we are under the command of the daimyo, we can take official missions through the Hokage and the direct command of the daimyo, but we will only answer to the daimyo."

"This can give ROOT a level of autonomy, and at the same time, our actions will still be under the direct command. The full proposal is written in the scroll I brought." Naruto said. A servant brought the scroll to the daimyo on a pillow.