ch60

Killing the remaining Zetsus was as dull as it could be. Of course, others had their fun going all out, but there was nothing for Yurei to do. Obito escaped as soon as they entered the cave. He just temporarily put barriers and protection seals everywhere to make sure no one could get into the cave so his clones could later take care of the statue.

He had the preparations done, so it wasn't going to be hard to move. So he was waiting for others to finish so they could head back. He needed to find Obito and fast. It was time to take action, not to sit idly by.

It took him two months to find Obito. He kept sending teams around to spy for any signs. Finally, he found him in Ame. Good. He was going to hit two birds with one stone. He was going to finish the Akatsuki.

He couldn't go on this mission alone. He needed to separate Nagato and Konan from Obito. So he needed people who could keep Pein busy. He was going to take Guren and two other Jonins who specialized in long-range fighting.

He couldn't risk bringing any of the Jinchuurikis along. Since he didn't want them to get recognized yet. The same went with Kisame. He didn't wish for Kiri to be at his doorstep looking for their swordsman. So he had to go with people who were less recognized.

One of the Jonins was an Uzumaki who specialized in battle seals. He was great at creating distractions and keeping the enemy away. The other one was a man with a kekkei genkai. He could control metallic objects at a certain distance from him. he usually used it to control Kunai and Shuriken to attack his enemies from multiple directions.

Overall, it was a team who could do a lot of damage. They only needed to keep Pein away long enough for Yurei to finish Obito off. The first phase of their plan was getting in Ame without triggering Pein's alarms.

Yurei was ready, and he had prepared special cloaks that hid their chakra and had genjutsu seals, a creation of Itachi, that cast a small suggestive genjutsu for the person not to look closely at the spot it was casted on.

With so many people under Pein's radar at all times, it was easy to get ignored. They were also careful to blend into civilians and not to draw attention. Yurei needed to set seals outside the tower to create a perimeter.

The seals would ensure that Obito couldn't use his Kamui to get out. he could still teleport inside the boundaries so he wouldn't notice the trap soon. But Yurei was ready and knew how to handle him. he had to do this.

After he set up the last part of the seal, he sent a small chakra pulse to the seal on his wrist. It would activate and notify others to start their part. He counted to 30, and right on the dot, he heard sounds of explosions.

His team had to get Pein to leave his tower, and what better way than to mess with his city. Of course, they've taken precautions to ensure civilians won't get hurt. They were just messing with the buildings and fighting the shinobi.

Yurei couldn't remember the time he was averted to killing. He wanted to save everybody. To change people. But the war changed him. It was kill or be killed. Like many shinobi, he became desensitized. He still was against taking unnecessary lives but he didn't get bothered by killing when the need was.

He knew that the need would be subjective. One kill that seemed necessary and justified to him may not be the same to others. But he tried not to think about it. He had a role to play. He could think about the price later.

He quickly entered the tower and followed the path to go to Obito. There was no escape for Obito, but Yurei didn't want to drag the fight with his team out there. He went to the top floor. To the giant meeting room Akatsuki typically used.