Arc 3, Chapter 5: Changes

A month had passed after the debacle at the mountains, the Moskva and the remnants of the Jäger had decided to return to Waltzington. They'd purchased a wagon for the Moskva to tow, it was a quiet trip as not much was exchanged even when taking a rest.

Once they arrived, Wilhelm greeted them and offered them a place to stay, the guys got to work where they could while Luna worked as Wilhelm's wife assistant at the local school.

During lunchtime, Luna sat at the courtyard on a bench to eat her lunch. For staff lunch was free, she was thankful she didn't have to worry about it.

???: May we join you?

Luna: Oh Miriam yes it's ok.

Miriam, Wilhelm's wife, held her daughter on one arm while she was holding her lunch. She sat down and settled Nana on her lap as she got the food ready.

Luna looked with a bit of mixed feelings, she looked at another direction to calm herself.

Miriam: Is everything ok?

Luna: Yeah, I just have a lot on mind.

Miriam gave a small smile as she began feeding Nana with a small spoon.

Miriam: You remind me of Emilia, she always kept to herself. Will and I are thankful for trying to get her back home, but we feel sick about how you lost so much.

She began to tear up a bit but regained her composure, wiping her tears with a handkerchief.

Miriam: I'm sorry about that, how did you meet them?

Luna: We met on the side of the road, I was living in a small house but Ga1ahad burned it down.

Miriam: He burned it down?!

Luna: *chuckle* Its a long story.

Miriam: Is it ok for me to ask about your parents?

Luna paused to think about the question before resuming.

Luna: I... don't exactly know myself. Mother wouldn't talk about Father often, every time I tried asking her about it, she would get angry and punish me. Mother would always be busy working on her projects, then one day I just ran away.

Miriam: I'm sorry to hear that, the boys mean a lot to you then.

Luna: They do, they're the only friends I've ever had.

Miriam: Aw I know they are, we can see it every time you're with them.

Miriam passed Luna her handkerchief, Luna was confused at first until she realized she'd been crying the whole time. Luna smiled and thanked her as she took the handkerchief and wiped her tears.

------

Finn had recovered from his wounds completely, he'd helped out with whatever he could.

Finn: Where are we going?

Emil: One of our storage locations, we need to get you a change of clothes since you stick out like a sore thumb.