Arc 3, Chapter 11: Op Blind Citadel Pt. 3

Peter: This place is deserted

Luna: We should keep looking, she might be around here.

Minerva: Or she could already have been killed and we are wasting our efforts.

Luna: Don't say that, the royal guards are the best there are.

Minerva: Considering the amounts and the state of their bodies we have been seeing, it doesn't look like they are doing great.

Luna: We can't give up yet, we need to save her.

Minerva: What exactly is your grandiose plan once you DO find her? She's a marked person, the person who orchestrated this entire assault isn't going to just be like "Ah shit, wonder girl here is saving the queen, guess I'll just let her go."

Luna: Trying is still far better than doing nothing while knowing we could had done something about it!

Minerva: Can either of you knock some sense into her?

Peter: She can be very stubborn, but she's right Luna, if we rush in we are gonna end up with a bloody nose or worse.

Luna: Peter please.

Peter: I'm sorry Luna, it's just how things are, the longer we spend here, the worse things could get.

Luna: I am begging you, at least just the upper floors.

Peter diverted his eyes to avoid hers, his mind struggled with a response, so he looked at Minerva, who sighed in response.

Minerva: Sure we can keep looking, go look at the upper floors, I'll go to the basement.

Peter: Go with her Ga1ahad.

Minerva: I can handle myself, you children go and do your own thing.

Minerva turned and began walking down the hallway, Ga1ahad turned to Peter and shrugged, they continued onwards. As they walked down a corridor, Luna brought her sleeve up to her nose.

Luna: What's that smell?

Ga1ahad: What smell?

Luna looked down a side corridor, a subtle metallic odor emanated from it. Peter aimed his rifle down the corridor as he went forwards, the others followed him.

Peter: This smells like iron, something bad happened here.

They slowly made their way through the service corridor, until it ended at a door, Peter approached it and saw a pool of coagulated blood under. He motioned to Ga1ahad to get ready, then stood next to the door and twisted the lever. The corpse of a royal guard laid on the ground with his arm reaching for the door, a trail followed behind him

Peter: Jesus Christ, looks like his spine was snapped in half.

Luna: That would explain the trail.

They carefully stepped around the body as they entered the room, shelves full of tableware filled the room.

Peter: Looks like it's a storage room, but no signs of a struggle.