Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Memories of Home

So as our heroes have come across each other, Li feels compelled to tell her reason for being on this journey and maybe find the help she needs and perhaps more;

"Hey, what's wrong?" Wukong asked worriedly. "Well, it's just that.......you guys have good reasons for being on this journey, while my reason is selfish," I say looking away. "I'm sure that your reason is not selfish," he said reassuringly. "I suppose you're right." I smiled. "There we go, gotta keep a smile on your face. I'll make sure of that." Wukong said with a toothy grin. "While we are on the topic, would you like to share with us?" He asked. "Sure." I get comfortable as I explain everything.

{Meadows, an endless blue sky, and a river nearby. An 8-year-old Li was with her father, mother, and her newborn sister. They were in the meadow having a picnic in the afternoon. Li's father brought his eldest daughter to the waterfall to spar. "Nice Job young one, but you must be able to sense when an attack is coming even when you lose your sense of sight," he said "Ok," she said to her father. "Ok, that's enough training. Time to go hunting sweetie." Xiong said. "Ok," the girl said as she transformed into her fox form and began hunting. "Hmmm." I smile as I continue with the story.

Li was 17 when she experienced her super-human strength firsthand when she was working a shift at a bar back home. A creep was coming onto her. She punched him in the chest and he flew into the wall with great force. "*Growls*" "Hm?" She looks to her left to see Wukong showing his fangs off. "Calm yourself, my friend, this was in the past". I say to him 'That was strange, He hasn't shown this much emotion towards anyone ever since he met me. I'll look into it later.' I thought to myself. Anyways, I explained to everyone my memories up to this point. "So that is my mission. To Save my family and my Kingdom from a being of unknown power," I said. "Funny you mentioned your ancestors because I am friends and allies with your clan, so I can help you Princess under one condition when the time comes," Wukong said. "Of Course," I said. "So what should we do now?" Sandy asked. "I guess we can rest and relax," Master said. So Master and I started to meditate while the guys went off somewhere to do whatever without getting into trouble. "So do you hold your hands a certain way?" "Yes. Just like this" Master said as he held his hands together in a prayer way. As the day comes to an end, I find comfort in my friends. I sit on a tree looking at the moon in silence enjoying its beauty. "Hey, You ok?" someone asked. I looked behind me to be greeted by golden eyes. "Yeah. Just thinking that's all." "So are your people in your clan Nocturnal?" he asked. "Yes we are among other things," I said. "Don't worry, we'll rescue your home," Wukong said with a gentle smile. "Thanks for the reassurance," I said hugging him. He hugged me back. "You should get some sleep." He said walking with her back to the campsite. "What about you?" I asked. "I'll be fine," he said. We get to the campsite and get ready to go to sleep. Wukong sits up against a tree with his staff in position. I look at him for a minute, then get an idea but it's embarrassing to ask seeing he's my idol and all. "Ummmm Wukong? I asked. "Yes?" He opens one of his eyes looking at my flushed state. "I was wondering if I could Ummmmm sleep in your lap just for tonight?" I asked blushing completely red. "Oh? Is that an order from a princess or a request from a fan~" he teased," "B-both, plus I don't want to be cold and have to sleep with Pigsy again after what he did last night," I said blushing harder. "Well of course you can, just be careful not to move too much." He patted his lap signaling to come to sit. I come to sit down and get comfortable. I look away from his smiling face being too close to me. "Aw come now Princess you can't look me straight in the eyes?~" He smiled into my neck placing a small kiss on it. "Please stop it! You're making it worse." I push his face away. "I can't help it when I have someone so cute sitting here in my face." He smiled slyly. I feel immediate regret about this. But I feel warm and cozy, so I can deal with the flirting from him. "*yawn*" "Oh looks like someone is sleepy. Goodnight princess." was the last thing I hear before I felt something on my head before I fell asleep. Wukong kissed her forehead before he sets his chin on her head holding her and his staff to stand guard all night............................

Everyone else woke up and began to pack up but are surprised to Li was not in her usual spot. The others started to look for her. They find her under a tree with Wukong. She is sound asleep in his lap. Pigsy tries to touch her only to get smacked by Wukong's staff " Don't touch her. I'll wake her up you just get everything packed up." Wukong said. "Ok," Pigsy said as he walked away. "Hey Princess," He said before he began to nuzzle me "Time to wake up" "Mmmmmmm ok but you're warm. Don't wanna get up," I said waking up. "Ok, but you'll need to explain why you won't let me go" He smiled. "I'll take my chances," I said. "Ok then" He carries me piggyback to the group with his staff in his tail. Everyone is awake except Wukong because as soon I get off him he falls asleep in his cloud while keeping his senses on high alert.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is chapter 8. It would seem that Li has a bad experience with Pigsy and went to take her chances with Wukong. So now the group knows Li's goal and has decided to help her.

I hope you enjoy the three chapters I posted because I have finals and stuff to work on plus I need sleep. It's 3:00 am and I got homework for My Marketing class so in the meantime I'll be Writing Chapters 9, 10, and 11 in the process. Thank you for looking at this book. These views give me more reason to continue this book. So please vote, comment, and share this book with others. If you have any ideas for chapters, just send me a message on Wattpad and we can talk about them. Thank you and enjoy

Stay Peachy

~Roxie