Kit

I watched as Lam stuffed his hands in his pocket and walked away. I couldn't help but tear up more. He was treating me like this because of how I had screamed at him the last time.

Waking up next to him, naked and in his arms had frightened me. I didn't expect our drunken antics to spiral out of control that far. And the oddest part, I actually didn't hate it. But this was Lam we are talking about. He doesn't do feelings, relationships and all that jazz. Even this one night stand; he must consider it a big mistake. Rather than he calling me out on it or telling me off, I would rather be the bad guy.

But the next few months after that, Lam always paid attention to me in his own way quietly, subtly. He would buy snacks and drop it off for us. But all of the snacks were my favorite. He would drop me off and pick me up occasionally from school even though he may have ended hours ago.

Even after telling him off, when we had gone for the movies, he somehow managed to persuade Beam and sat next to me. He always looked out for me and that day wasn't any different. I screamed because stupid Pha had chosen a horror flick but he protected me all the way, letting me grip his hand and scream endlessly in fear. He bore all of it patiently.

I found myself wavering. I could see that I was developing feelings for him.
But I also knew we were worlds apart and there's no way he would tolerate me in the long run.

I know I shouldn't make the decision myself but I couldn't end up hurting him permanently because of my own feelings. So I had screamed at him the last time and wasn't very proud of it. But that was also the killing move. Lam moved away from me completely after that. He stopped picking me up. He only came by Medicine when Forth wanted to come see Pha. Even today, earlier when Beam and Park had come by, he quickly left when he saw me.

I couldn't deny I don't deserve it but my heart kept shattering. I sighed as I went into the minimart wanting to buy food but eventually leaving empty handed, having no appetite.

I hadn't been eating properly the last 2 weeks, offen subsisting on 1 meal only. But I had absolutely no appetite. I walked out, back to my dorm slowly. As I was walking back, it started raining. Shit. I had no umbrella. I quickly started jogging but the rain got heavier. I eventually had to seek shelter under a tree. I stood there, huddling for a bit, hoping it stop quickly. I texted Beam and Pha but both idiots must be busy with their boyfriends for they didn't respond. I would call Ming but he was going to meet his parents so I couldn't bother him. My hand momentarily flicked over Lam's number in my phone but i held myself back. It wasn't fair that I only call him when I needed something.

As I was waiting, suddenly I heard thunder and saw lighting. I yelped abit as thunder was a nemesis of mine. Just as the 2nd stroke of thunder boomed, I covered my eyes and ears and then I was whisked into someone's arms. I opened my eyes to see myself in Lam's arms.

"Are you ok?"

I nodded, speechless.

"Come with me. I got an umbrella. Here."

Lam opened up the umbrella and sheltered both of us. He gripped my shoulder tightly and we walked quickly back to the dorm, mine being nearer. Once we arrived at the entrance, Lam let go of me. He finally looked at me and let it rip.

"Why the heck didn't you just call me? I'm not even allowed to do this for you?!"

I opened my mouth but was speechless. I kept quiet, my heart was beating too quickly. Lam just looked at me forlorn and then walked away. As he did, that's when I passed out, right there and then.