Kit

I woke up, feeling piercing pains everywhere. I tried to sit up and 2 people supported me whilst I could see a third hovering around anxiously. I looked up to realize that Lam was supporting me on one end with Pha whilst Beam was hovering around anxiously. I cast my eyes downwards having Lam in close proximity with me, having badly missed him all this while.

I also knew he must have a 1000 questions and seeing the way, his eyes had glittered, seeing my injuries, he must be seething too. The doctor came in for a check. I was advised to be on complete bed rest for a week at least and had to be in the hospital all the way. Lam was quiet but when the doctor asked if there were any questions, he uttered softly.

"How was he attacked Doctor? So we can also let his family know. And we will have to inform them."

I turned and looked at Lam alarmed. He wasn't going to do that, was he?! Pha and Beam shared my fears too. The doctor mentioned that it was exactly hard for him to describe what weapon could have been used but it was definitely a combination of an iron rod or baseball bat and hands. The doctor also advised me to lodge a police report as whomever did it was definitely cruel and had struck with maximum intention to hurt.

I gulped and kept quiet. Lam clenched his fists tightly. The doctor nodded and left. There was pin drop silence. No one dared to say anything. Beam signalled Pha and they both left before I could even bat an eyelid. Lam just sat down, quietly, looking at me.

"Lam.."

"If you are opening your mouth to tell me the truth, then continue. But if you are opening your mouth to tell me to fuck off, don't bother. I am not going to listen to you."

"It's not that.. I.. I .."

I finally split the truth about Nua to Lam. I told him of my entire history with Nua and I could see that Lam was getting very angry. His hands were clenched and his eyes were bloodshot red. I sobbed as I ended up finishing off the story looking at Lam. He sighed softly, came and sat next to me and took me in his arms gently.

"I am going to deal with him. You have to let me do it. There is no way I am going to let this slide. There is no way he thinks he can hurt you like this and get away with it. Don't let him cower you into fear Kit. This isn't the Kit I know. I want the fiesty fierce Kit back again. I want you to know that no matter what, I am going to be there for you. I am not another Nua. Even if it takes you the rest of your life to realise that, I am fine. I will wait."

I just held onto Lam and sobbed softly. Just then the room door opened and my parents came in. Shit. I was so screwed. My mom cried upon seeing me but I saw my dad's face. He had paled and more than anger, I saw fear in his eyes. Lam let go of me and let my parents spend some time with me. I confessed on how Nua had tried to hurt me again and my dad was so angry. He stood up, wanting to go off to get hold of Nua but Lam held onto him.

"We will deal with him later Sir. Let's just be there for Kit first. I promise we will get Nua"

Lam uttered firmly but softly. My dad took a long look at him and nodded. Just then my mom asked us, on who was Lam. I was stupefied and kept quiet. Lam then introduced himself as my friend and my parents nodded, though my dad shot me a sceptical knowing look. I just hummed and looked away, feeling a blush come on.

It was a long week in the hospital but Lam was there all the way. He would spend time with me after classses looking after me, staying throughout the night and going straight for school from the hospital. He kept such a close eye on me that even my parents could relax easy. However, they came without fail during lunch and the boys came to see me as and when.

On the day of my discharge, Lam picked me up. As we were leaving, I heard the nurse give Lam some final instructions on how to look after me but then I also heard her say, "But I don't have to tell you. You been doing such a good job looking after your boyfriend. I know he is in good hands with you. Take care na, the two of you."

Lam nodded and we both went off. As I walked, I clasped Lam's hands. He cast a look towards our hands but didn't say anything, just smiling and just gripping hands even more tightly.