Prologue

Izuku stood silently as the pro-heroes berated him after All Might punched the slime villain away, "You didn't need to get caught in that? Why did you recklessly jump in?" Death Arms demanded.

"On top of that you are quirkless, you aren't suited to these situations," Kamui shook his head with disappointment.

"You should leave it people with quirks,"

He clenched his teeth and stood through it. Once they had finished, he ran away, tears streaming down his face, "Why? Why does everyone treat me like I'm useless? Even when I try to help, I end up making things worse! I'm so useless! Maybe I should just dive off a building as Kacchan said. Everyone would be better off without me anyway. Not like anyone would miss me," Izuku spiraled. He really was considering doing it but finally decided against it, "Mom would be devasted. I can't do that to her..." he reasoned and wiped his tears off before putting on a smile to make sure his mother didn't notice anything off. Having done so, he headed home, but not before Katsuki caught up with him.

"Oi Deku! I didn't ask for you to save me!" Bakugou yelled and punched Izuku with his explosion quirk. Izuku gasped as the punch connected. He fell to the ground, clutching his stomach in pain. Bakugou kicked him several times while he was on the ground, ignoring Izuku's pleas for him to stop. He aimed with another explosion on his hand when Katsuki felt his entire body go numb. The last sound Katsuki heard was of electricity crackling out and a shove on him as he was slammed to the concrete.

"D-dad!" Izuku said in surprise as he looked up to see his savior. He moved to hide his bleeding mouth and put on a cheerful tone, "What are you doing here?"

Hisashi switched his scowl to a half-smile for his son and swiftly concealed his taser, "Oh, Izuku! My overseas deployment ended. We caught the guy,"

"I thought it was a hard case?" Izuku said, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Well, that's why the Interpol needed me! I cracked the case wide open for them!"

"Can you tell me about it?"

"I would but it's confidential. And don't think I don't see what you are doing," Hisashi said with narrowed eyes.

Izuku froze and gulped, "W-what do you mean?"

"I mean you covering up the blood,"

"I'm fine," Izuku grinned.

Hisashi's hands clenched tighter around Bakugou's unconscious arms, "Like hell you are. I'm guessing you took at least one explosive punch from this shit here,"

"Kacchan didn't mean to!"

"THIS is Kacchan?" Hisashi asked with narrowed eyes, "Your best friend?" he nearly spat out.

"Well, I mean yeah, we are friends. He's just been a bit overboard with his quirk ever since he figured out I don't have one,"

Hisashi's blood ran cold. Izuku had been diagnosed when 5. That meant for all these years... "You still have pieces of sludge on you from the attack," he observed.

"Huh? You saw the attack?"

"We have a TV," Hisashi said before falling into his thoughts, "The medical team would have cleaned off the sludge since it might have been toxic," He thought as he brushed it off from his son's clothes, "That means either the medics are useless or he wasn't given treatment!" he let out a growl.

"Izuku!" Inko's voice rang out in the empty street as she came running, "Hisashi just came in today to surprise you. But then we saw you getting attacked and rushed... here...," She stopped as she saw Izuku clutching a bleeding nose and hand and Katsuki knocked out and held by her husband, "What's going on?"