Trials and Planning

It had been almost two weeks since Hisashi had returned home. Hisashi had been busy, not with the case, but he had been trying to make it up to Izuku for going away too long. However, he had no clue what to do. He wasn't really there and couldn't even talk to Izuku much since he was undercover. Therefore, much of his first few days were spent in Inko coaching him on everything Izuku liked and disliked. Hisashi was glad Inko wasn't vindictive after their argument and had gone through the trouble of coaching him. Not that Inko was that sort of person, but the chance remained.

Over the course of the week, Hisashi had gotten closer to Izuku, really fast, and had learned a lot of things. The first thing he had learned was that if Kenji thought he is manipulative, he should meet Izuku. Compared to his son, Hisashi might as well be a saint. Why? The answer was simple. Izuku had guilt-tripped Hisashi and Inko into getting him not one, but two cats and a kitten. And he cackled like Nedzu after they had bought the animals home.

At least Izuku was happy, that's what mattered the most. Hisashi had tried taking him to the park to make friends and was promptly scolded by his wife who reminded him Izuku isn't a toddler.

"Hey Izuku," Hisashi said.

"Hmm?" Izuku looked up with questioning eyes. He had been painting.

"Well, I was just thinking. There's no way you're going back to Aldera. So do you want us to search for a new school? Or would you prefer homeschooling or online school?" Hisashi asked.

Izuku put down his painting brush and thought, "Well... I want to be police,"

"I know but even police don't take people who haven't graduated middle school,"

"They take people who haven't graduated high school?" Izuku asked, surprised.

"Well, we have this program where those who passed middle school can enroll in. They are basically trainees and are babysitted by other officers. You aren't allowed to move anywhere by yourself or go off alone. But you do get police authority while you learn alongside your officer. You need to have graduated high school before becoming full-time though," Hisashi explained.

"Great, so I'll do that!"

Hisashi frowned, "You need a police endorsement to do that though. Sort of like UA's recommendation exams,"

"Well, can't you endorse me, dad?"

"I can. But you are too young right now. You're just 14!" Hisashi replied.

"Yeah, but Katsuki will be at UA next year and I don't want to be left behind,"

"Doubt that little shit will get into UA," Hisashi muttered under his breath, "Especially if I ask Nedzu," he thought. He shook his head, "Look, you'll be 15 in July. You can take the police trainee exam then. Not before,"

Izuku grumbled but nodded, "If I get homeschooled, I can take the graduation exam for middle school anytime I want, right?"

Hisashi nodded.

"I'll do that then. I don't really want to go to school anymore," Izuku said quietly. Hisashi sighed and ruffled his son's hair while thinking. He wanted Izuku to go to school to make some friends, but even he didn't really trust any schools at this point. At least Izuku could try to have friends at the police academy.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Izuku said.

"What?"

"If I need to graduate high school before becoming a police officer, don't I need to take a break after the trainee program?"

"That's really far into the future so you don't have to think about that you know," Hisashi deadpanned, "But to answer your question, no. You'll be attending the police academy at the same time which acts as a replacement for high school. They teach you the same syllabus plus extra things. So there's no need to worry about that."