Decision

After Hisashi had handed off all the case details to Tsukauchi, he had headed to the hospital to meet up with Izuku and Inko. He took the room information from the front desk and headed there, a scowl still presents on his face. He opened the door and walked in, "How did it go?" Inko asked her husband.

"Bakugou is an asshole who should have been punished long back," Hisashi said, "His father seemed to accept the punishment but his mother kept trying to deny that Bakugou did anything,"

"Well, Mitsuki does have a strong personality-"

"I don't want to hear that from you," Hisashi scowled harder, but kept his voice in a hush so as to not disturb the sleeping Izuku.

"What do you mean?" Inko asked.

"I asked you, do you need me to come back? I asked you to make sure Izuku wasn't being treated unfairly. You kept telling me that it was all fine!" he said agitatedly.

"How was I to know that this was happening?"

"Maybe because you're his mother!?" Hisashi said sarcastically.

Inko opened her mouth, "Well then maybe you should have stayed with us!"

"I did want to but I had to work on the case too. That's why I asked, are you guys ok? If you weren't fine, I would have come back right there,"

"I did think we were fine, that Izuku was fine. Whenever I asked him, he always had a smile on his face. And I didn't want you to break your promise of catching the criminals that tortured and tested Nedzu,"

"He would have understood," Hisashi replied, "He would have understood. And if you had told me, and I didn't come back, Nedzu would have made arrangements to help you,"

"So this is all my fault?" Inko sobbed.

"No, I didn't say that. But you did fail in making sure Izuku was all right. All you had to do was cross-check what he was saying to make sure he wasn't lying. Izuku will probably never trust us again because of it. Not to mention you told him that he can't be a hero after he was found to be quirkless, what kind of parent crushes a 4-year-old's dream like that!?"

Inko had the decency to look ashamed at that, "I just thought that it would be dangerous,"

"He didn't ask to be a Pro, he asked if he wanted to be a hero. There's a difference," Hisashi replied.

"Y-you mean it!" Izuku suddenly said.

"I thought you were sleeping?" Inko asked.

"I was pretending to," he replied embarrassedly, "Please don't be mad at mom, dad,"

Hisashi ruffled his son's hair, "I'm not mad at your mom. I'm just... disappointed. I'm angry at Aldera and Bakugou though,"

Izuku nodded, "But Kacchan really doesn't deserve-"

"Izuku as much as I love you, I'm making you take an insanity test if you finish that sentence," Hisashi said seriously. That shut Izuku up, "None of what Bakugou and Aldera did is 'alright.' That's just you trying to keep up the facade of you being good because you don't want anyone to worry about you,"

Izuku started crying at that, "B-but I don't deserve to have anyone worry about me. I'm useless!" Izuku wailed.

"You're not useless, Izuku,"

"Well, tell me what is my use!?" Izuku demanded.

"You're a kid! Humans don't have uses! You aren't a goddamn tool or weapon! And if you are talking about your purpose, don't you want to be a hero?"