Nedzu and Izuku

"Ah, hello Nedzu. It's good to see you again!" Inko greeted with a smile on her face, "I'm glad to see you made it,"

"Well, you didn't really leave me a choice," Nedzu smiled back warmly as he entered the apartment.

"I'm making dinner. In the meantime, you can chat with Hisashi and Izuku in the living room. Shikamaru is here too," Inko notified.

"I'm surprised he found the energy to get here," Nedzu laughed.

"More like Hisashi had to drag him here. Plus, Shikamaru couldn't say no to Izuku. He's like a brother to him now," Inko said and walked to the kitchen.

"There you are Nedzu. Inko was just about to make me call you," Hisashi greeted.

"H-hi Nedzu-san," Izuku spluttered. Izuku was very nervous. He was meeting the principal of UA, the greatest hero school to ever exist. The school where All Might learned. While he had given up on pursuing his dream of being a hero, he still loved to follow them or as Shikamaru called it, fanboy over them, "It's an honor to meet you!"

Nedzu stared at Izuku for a while making him even more nervous. Was Nedzu going to be disappointed in him for being quirkless too? Izuku gulped down the thought and mentally shook his head. No, Nedzu was the one to put in the quirkless clause in the UA entrance exam, he would not do something like that, Izuku reasoned with himself. But there was still a bad feeling at the back of his mind.

Finally, Nedzu spoke, "Are you sure this is your son?"

Izuku gaped. Of all the things he was expecting Nedzu to do, he certainly wasn't expecting something ridiculous like that.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hisashi frowned.

"Well, it's just that he's so respectful and kind while you on the other hand..." Nedzu trailed off.

It took a moment for Izuku's brain to click onto what Nedzu was saying and then he giggled much to Hisashi's frustration, "I'm not that disrespectful,"

"I seem to remember a certain incident just a few days back, involving a certain well-known hero," Nedzu looked to be in deep thought.

"That was different. He was being an idiot. As long as you aren't an idiot and know to pull your weight, I have no problems with you,"

"Sorry, but which hero are we talking about?" Izuku asked interestedly.

"Hmm, can't say that. It was a pretty confidential talk," Nedzu smiled back, "I must apologize though Izuku," Nedzu said warmly.

"Huh? Apologize?" Izuku asked, startled, "For what?"

"Well, the only reason your father went abroad was to find the villains who had experimented on me. If it weren't for that, he would have stayed in Japan and could have looked after you. You wouldn't have had to go through everything at Aldera. For that, I apologize."

Izuku looked at Nedzu with slight shock but then smiled, "You don't need to apologize for that. Dad was helping to catch a villain who could have hurt more people and he did it willingly. It's not like you forced him,"

Nedzu looked at Izuku with a calculating look, "Easily forgives and chooses the option which is good for everyone but him. Unselfish," he marked down mentally, "Even so, I still feel like I have a favor to give. So, if you need help with anything, let me know,"

Izuku seemed to think for a while before talking, "Well, there is one thing..."

Nedzu's ears perked up in interest, "What is it?"

"Well, I'm supposed to get homeschooled for the police academy recommendation exam. Dad is great at helping me keep my body fit physically but he sucks at explaining subjects like math and science even though he knows them well,"