Chapter 10: Secrets out

"Nedzu, what are you doing here?" Aizawa asked seeing the principal walking around the staff room.

"Oh, nothing,"

"Really?" Aizawa deadpanned.

"What's wrong? Can't he be here for no reason?"

Aizawa snorted, "With Nedzu, there is always some reason," he said, "Why are you smiling?" he asked hesitantly.

"I just find it funny that," Nedzu paused to sip a tea, "A room full of pro-heroes and they don't notice a blade being held to one of their necks,"

"Wha-" Yagi began but stopped short. He felt the cold metal of a blade on his skin and slowly looked up. Hisashi was hanging from the vent with a cheeky smile on his face. He dropped down so silently that even Aizawa was impressed, "You should really be careful Mr. Number 1. Especially with that injury of yours,"

Yagi stiffened, no one was supposed to know about that. Surprisingly, his colleagues were calm, "Hello again, Hisashi-san," Aizawa greeted lazily.

Hisashi nodded curtly, "Yo,"

"Seems Nedzu told you about the injury, huh?"

"Not really. Cmon All Might, we have to talk about something important," he said a bit too cheerfully.

Yagi looked at Nedzu who gave an identical smile. He gulped and nodded, following Nedzu out of the room, "What do you think they want with him?" Mic asked loudly.

Midnight shrugged, "Who knows?"

Meanwhile, Yagi was still nervous as to what was happening as he set foot into Nedzu's office, "What, um, what's this about?"

"Yagi, meet Midoriya Hisashi. He's the police officer who was in charge of covering up your fight with All For One. He knows about your injury and everything about One For All. He's my best friend and is the one who arrested my torturers. I trust him with my life!"

Yagi nodded dumbly. He had never heard Nedzu speak so highly of someone. The name Midoriya seemed to ring a bell but he couldn't place where he heard it, "Why are you suddenly introducing him to me?"

"There have been some developments. All For One is still alive,"

Yagi spluttered, "Wh-what?"

"At this moment, we do not have much intel. What we do know, we will not be sharing for you currently. All you need to know is the commission is in on it too, so you should be careful around them," Hisashi brushed past.

Yagi collapsed on the chair, "I was aware they are corrupt, but I thought they only took bribes and things of that sort... for them to do associate with such a villain..."

Hisashi rolled his eyes, "Well, anyway, that's all for now. The police will contact you if we require any help,"

"Wait! You guys know something to have suddenly pieced this together? What is it you know?"

"None of your business,"

"As a pro-hero, I must-"

"As a pro-hero, you are to report when the police force calls on you for your help and when the public is in distress. A pro-hero is a public servant and not an authoritarian figure. Or have you forgotten what you preach?"

Yagi gulped. He had not had someone get up in his face like this since Nighteye, "But, then why did you tell me that he's still alive?"

"Because he's likely to come after you. You should be prepared and keep your eyes open. Tell your fellow heroes to do the same. The rest of the information is irrelevant to daylight heroes at the moment,"