pt.1

This story is not related to the other rinney story!!

Finney's pov:
I sat in our room, holding my crying sister. I tried my best to comfort her. I hate dad. I hated how I couldn't do anything to help Gwen or I would be beaten and starved myself. "I sorry Gwen" I whispered, feeling weak. She sniffled and sobbed, not responding.
"I hate when I cry" Gwen sniffled when she had calmed down, her eyes were red and puffy. "It's not your fault" I say, rubbing her back. "I feel so... Weak!" She began to sob again, hitting the side of her head.

I instantly grabbed her arm, she let me pull it away from her head. "We have to fix you up we got school tomorrow" I say, taking her hand and we stand up together, quietly leaving for the bathroom.

I roll up her shirt halfway, seeing the welting belt marks on her back I wince. "It's gonna hurt okay?" I say making sure she knows, she nodded holding up the cloth she had in hand so she wouldn't scream loudly.

I took out some hydrogen peroxide and dabbed it onto a paper towel before dabbing it on a few of the belt marks, Gwen instantly flinched away and I paused. "Good?" I asked, she nodded and I continued.

I finished up the hydrogen peroxide and then put disinfection gel on her just to be safe before putting bandaids on the marks that wouldn't stop bleeding. "Thank you Finney" Gwen sniffled turning around to hug me, I hugged her back, watching out for her cuts. I still felt bad for not being able to help her.

**Time Skip.

I woke up to my alarm clock, lunging to turn it off before dad got mad, Gwen was up as well. She took a pair of clothes to change into, a brush, and other essentials she needed. I changed in the room, throwing on one of my baseball sweaters. Even though my bruises we're mostly gone I still wanted to play it safe. I put on my jeans and opened our bedroom door. Gwen still had the bathroom door closed so I headed downstairs to make some breakfast.

I almost jumped out of my skin when my dad was just standing there. I stopped at the bottom step, not knowing what he wants. "Finney" my dad said, his voice low and slurred.drunk. Dad motioned for me to come closer and I cautiously walked over to him.

He instantly embraced me in a hug. I froze not knowing what to do. "I'm so proud of you son" my dad whispered rocking back and forth. Now say that without the whiskey. I thought a tear forming at my eye.

Dad stopped hugging me, leaving to the couch like that was nothing but a every day moment.

I walked into the kitchen, pouring myself a bowl of cereal, thinking about my next baseball game. Gwen came down the stairs shortly after, her hair braided and wearing a nice casual dress with long socks. She made herself some toast instead of cereal. I didn't bother to mention how dad acted this morning.

None of us spoke on our way to school, but in a way I didn't mind. The silence was comforting today. When we reached the school I saw the one and only, moose and his "gang" they saw me to and I made sure to stay close to Gwen. I didn't want to deal with getting my ass beat and hand to me my them today.
Of course Gwen went straight to the one and only Robin. Out of the corner of my eye I could see moose pause and wait.

Billy and Griffin we're there two, Griffin was talking about some class he had. Robin gave me and Gwen a half wave, still listening to Griffin.

Ending the first part right here because I'm tired 😩 I need some sleep so pls wait till tomorrow or something for an update of pt.2 🙏

Word count 677