Chapter 01|Past

The blood curtling screams that sound through the Kingdom were nothing to fear as this was a daily appearance of what life was like in Arcadia, but the screams still sparked terror into the hearts of the forbidden, those who feel a sliver of hope and care.

The crackling sound of a house burnt to a crisp and the tenants inside of it. A child's scream in pain could be heard, but no one could do anything about it. A lifeless man’s word meant nothing in the face of true power. Heavy thuds and small clicks accompanied the screams.

In the far off corner of a rocking horse driven carriage, a small malnourished child rocked themself side to side in a soothing motion as their bloodless pale lips moved in a rhythm. Their own hand clutched tightly across their body in order to warm themself and seek out comfort in his bony hands.

A women with bright blue orbs went forward and intercepted the young boy as the young boy flinched in discomfort and backed up more towards the end of the carriage the women showed a hurt look in her orbs but covered it up later. As if she wasn't afraid of being hurt. The child would back up at every turn of the women’s presence. He was uncomfortable. His once jade-like clear hands tightly grapsed his body as his fingers turned white.

A mummer of gossip started as the little people in the carriage continue to be conveyers in the carriage. They only watch as the women continue to go after the malnourished boy with a hint of tender harm in their orbs.

“Oh my, how could that boy he so ungrateful, can't he see that the poor lady is trying to help him?”

“Children of this generation don't seem to understand how hard it is to be as calm and as pure as her!”

“She is just trying to help him, and the little boy is being ungrateful. If it were me, I would just give up on the boy. He is a lost cause, they might even leave him on the streets...”

“Such an ungrateful child! Poor lass when is she going to give up on the lad, at least have some dignity.”

“She is just a little whore who want the attention all to herself, she can see that the little boy is uncomfortable with her presence yet she still continues to go after the poor boy!”

“Some people have no shame at all, she is just downright pathetic...”

The loud mummers seemed to disturb the little boy’s train of thought the only thing he seemed to know is himself in this desolate world. Where slavery was accepted and the Aristocrats of the nation only knew corruption.

‘When will it end, when will this suffering brung upon the innocent lives end. Will we have to wait for another fake hero to give us some hope, even though we know it is fake we still hope. That could never fade from us. Not even for a second and not even for a minute. I will do my part and continue to move to the better future.’ – The young boy had deep thoughts roaming around his head, those thoughts always led him to a bright future. A future that seemed to be forbidden in this time line, in this year or generation, in this world even. When would he find his happy ending like all those fairytales read by his Ma and Pa.

He missed his family dearly but they couldn't make it or the destroyers wouldn't let them. Killed like chickens ready to be eaten and tortured in the most brutal way, he didn't know how he survived by he did. The thought would make him more happy if he could have his whole family with him and not be stuck on a carriage with a bunch of judgemental strangers. All they knew how to do was judge others in a way to cope with the grief and loss.

The carriage came to a harsh stop as all the people in the carriage were not too happy about this, they all know that this wasn't their stop. Hard and rough thuds could be heard outside the carriage as the passenger huddles to the corner next to the boy. Their little and frail bodies shivered as they feared for the worst.