Chapter 05 | Moving on

After calming down his parents he was also in a hurry as he needed to go to work. As the Company would have a very important meeting with a strong backer. The male protagonist was about to appear and the fated sight that would cause the original to fall madly in love with a scumbag of a man. But after all it was nothing he couldn't face on his own.

‘I miss them, what would life have been if I had not met them, not have been sorounded by people who actually care about me.’ – He thought casually, he had to put aside his last life or going forward with his plan would only be foiled by his sentiments. Sometimes he would be asked by his companions why he was so calm in the face of death. When in truth he had once faced death and could careless.

He stripped down and stared intently into the mirror as hot water cascaded his form as if memorising every one of his features, in obsession, in a form of possession. As if he was own by it, his thoughts had run along with the water as his forest green orbs waver with the water. He raised his fair pale hand and traced his lower lip that is red in a wine colour as if seducing the unknown in the world. He pulled the edge of his lips in a smirk as he cleans himself up and dressed simply but could still retain his brutality and elegance.

He picked up a simple outfit from the deserted closet of the original's, even in the dire situation the original was never once jealous of other people and would always support his own family. He wore matt black jeans and a black v-neck sweater over a black shirt. He styled his hair in a messy way and licked his lips as he looked at his reflection. He wore plain black shoes and collected his belongings in a simple black bag before he boarded his car and drove off to his work place. After he drove his parents to their own small shop.

He waved them goodbye and arrived on time at his work place. The first thing he saw was the big bold words
‘Clover Hills,’ the way the font was placed was a bit distracting but he guessed that was the purpose. To attract the attention of others so they could chose it. The air of elegance yet mystery never strayed far from the company. He moved forward to enter the tall building, the inside of the building was less showy but still carried the air of elegance and furthermore acknowledged the way the place was placed.

He moved towards the secretary’s desk where a fair but vulgur looking maiden stared heatedly at him and he brushed it off. Even though he was bent or as you say homosexual he could clearly discern people who treat him with pure intentions and those who move to more vulgur and bad intentions. He has very different approach towards both.

“Hello, may I please borrow your cell phone for a moment I need to call a very important person for a moment. I would be grateful if you could lend me your phone.”

Once he opened his red luscious lips the deep but gentle voice that exited his throat had further entranced the maiden in front of him. While the secretary released a sultry and gentle smile toward the man before trying to catch a big fish. The way the man walks and talks is a way of showing off his wealth and status. And the very cold glances he sent at people also spoke of his vast experience. So she knew in her heart that she had met a very important person but even so she still wanted to try and she felt that the man was perfect. He was gentle and considerate as well as poised in his manners.

His temperament and behaviour were a definite match as his feature could set off the clothes he was wearing. She smiled bashful and handed over the phone and made sure her hand was brushing softly against his and took back her hand as she blushed. Her performance would have made any man pleased but Ronald could only look at her with dead eyes.

Human greed would be the death of any person and this maiden was not able to keep her imagination inside herself. Dreaming of a pretty and luxurious fantasy but what would be her end wasn't pretty. But he wouldn't warn her, he was neither ‘God all mighty’ or ‘A pur lovely Angel’. He was just himself and he would live for himself not for them.

He just received his life back and would not lose it running his mouth trying to be a pure white lotus. He is also a bit selfish, he closed his eyes for a brief moment before he pressed a few numbers and pressed the phone against his ear as the soothing sound of a ring tone calmed him down.

“Hello?” The person on the other side was confused, Ronald could feel that but he had no obligation to uncover anything else. He leaned on the wall as he spoke in a curt and blunt tone.

“Officer James Johnson, I am here to report a missing women on the loose, I would like for you to apprehend her in a manner of days but not at this second. When you find her please do not startle or even think of taking her back. Just wait for me to call you and you will know why!”

James looked at the phone startled at most he never answered unknown numbers and would just reject it but something seemed to compel him to answer. But he still took into account as a police officer he needed to know more.

“And why should I take your case, you do know that I am very busy and I do not have time to be listening to prank calls. Look kid, this isn't a –”

Ronald cut off the dragging speech of the police man as he released a bomb without a care,“It has to do with the missing case of a Patricia Rosevelt. I believe that you have been looking for the ‘murderer’ of that women. Am I right or am I wrong. Officer, don't you ever call me kid, I am older than you boy.” He wasn't going to take being disrespected by a small child. Within the plotted scene of the world he saw that most things seem to revolve around a maiden named Patricia.

A women who went missing for three years, she was one of the victims that had been pulled into a puddle of mud filled water, she was just like Ronald but she had experienced much worse. She was the lover of Christopher even before Christopher became a wealthy and successful man, she had stuck to him like gum and that made her a common enemy for both Veronica and Elisa. She was the only thing that was important in Christopher’s life.

She was about to be killed when a cannon fodder police officer took fancy in her story and cracked the clues, he had enough evidence to take both the female protagonist and the villianess down but was killed as he was in the heat of the moment with his own companion policeman. He was betrayed by one of the female protagonist’s lovers.

He couldn't let both of these innocent people drown in the hands of Elisa and her schemes. But he also knew this was the only way to disturb the world plot because he could hold the most important pawns in his hands.

When dealing with the plot, the main thing isn't that the female protagonist and male protagonist get together but that there are obstacles that push both of them together. A common enemy for both the male and second male protagonists and both for the female and second female protagonist as they both love the main lead as their own the friendship is thus broken.

And the Villian and Villianess as their obsession towards the male/female protagonist had gotten to a new low. He waited for the otherside to answer but their laboured breathing told him he had hit the nail.

“Let's meet in the corner shop at the coffee shop called ‘Starbucks’. You should be very sure of that place. I’ll meet you there at 20:00 at midnight.”

James made the arrangements and would rather he discussed this matter face to face because he was cautious about this case. He knew that his own friend was dissuading him to stop looking into this case and he found that suspicious. He slipped the phone away when the call ended and deleted any form of evidence. He was to engrossed in this case and would get the justice the poor young girl would deserve.

“Hm!” Ronald curtly answered as he gave back the borrowed cellphone to the secretary and moved to a new thing he had no knowledge about but thankfully he inherited from the original he wouldn't look stupid. He pressed the button to his floor and watched as the escalator riveted upwards and could actually sustain his own body weight.

He also knew that he was late but was not that disturbed by this. He was so  casual about this as he also had many ways to reduce the direness of the situation at home and could lift the family up from the severity of the mess the female protagonist made.