Chapter 06 | Shameless

“Ting!”

The loud sound of the elevator that had just come to a stop made all the heads turn. A slender jade smooth leg gracefully exited the elevator. It was covered in a thin layer of stockings as the owner of the leg elegantly entered the office with her head held high.

The woman had a full hourglass form with wavy dark brown hair that ends at her waist with coffee brown orbs. She had cute but sharp features, heart-shaped pink cherry blossom lips with shiny white teeth. She wore a flowy plad skirt with a black suit jacket that hung on her shoulders over her white blouse. With every step she took, her gleaming orbs would scan the place.

Elisa held the air of elegance and sophistication, but all the women she passed rolled their eyes after she had passed them. They, as women, could feel the calculation and ruthlessness hidden behind her vulgur body and actions. They weren't as blind as the Boss in charge of the company. All of Elisa’s actions were purposeful.

One time, all of them had seen her in a momentary lapse of viscousness. She had threatened a young girl to stay away from Christopher, claiming he was her’s as if the Boss was a thing. As all girls that came through that door would fall unrelentingly for the Boss and those who have been here long enough know how much of a fantasy it was to catch anything from the Boss. So they gave up, but the fake white lotus thought she was all that.

They could feel that the Boss was so uncomfortable whenever Elisa was there, but she wouldn't take the hint. She was stuck in her fantasy that she was blind. Oh, but how could Elisa not notice. She could feel the shift in Christopher’s attitude to get, but she had to force herself to calm down. She had to willingly take a step down as if acting considerate. Which would boost Christopher's impression of her.

She would make what other women could not get hers. She deserves the best, unlike that poor family where she was treated like a slave, they force her to work when she clearly had the potential to be better. She closed her eyes for a moment before knocking on the mahogany door in front of her. Behind the door was the man that would eventually be hers, after all that man could resist her.

“Come in,” Christopher rubbed his forehead as the clouds of gloom surrounded him. Things weren't going well with the company and he also had to meet with the board members of ‘Clover Hills,’ they were going to be the new production team behind his company, ‘Scarlet Pines,’ they needed financial advisors as well as a Public Control team. The way the world works isn't something he is new to.

So he couldn't find anyone better than them, and other companies could be bought. He leaned back on his leather chair as his desk stayed mess. Worst of all, his partner seemed to try and distance herself from him for reasons that don't concern him as he cared more on success than pointless women who would eventually confuse.

He stared off into space as his gaze drifted off to the framed picture on his desk. He carressed the frame of the picture as he felt sorrow build up in his core. ‘I miss her! Oh, where could you be Patricia? My love, please be safe for the love of God. Be safe.’  –  He had felt that it was all his fault. If he was more honest with his feelings maybe this wouldn't have happened to his lover, or at least she would have been his if he wasn't a step too late.

A knock forcefully broke him out of his straying thoughts. He frowned in frustration before he drove out a curt response from his throat. Although he was pissed at that person, he knew it wouldn't be good for him to be in that place. By the looks of it, the person behind the door had to be Elisa. His business partner and an associate of his. He personally doesn't know her, and he doesn't like the mystery. He wanted to be in control of the situation.

He researched her and came out with a bland story, Elisa was from a poor family. Her family died when she was four years old and she had to look for food, she was sent to an orphanage and had to work hard to get a bursary or even a scholarship so she could get where she is. She passed all her courses with flying colors passing the top of her classes. And she wanted more than anything to move away from her poor status.