Chapter 08| The Devil

A woman with fascinating features and bright orange oranges had exited the scene. She brushed past Ronald with clear intentions to spark up a loose conversation, but he had no time for that. He slipped past her and followed after the police officer.

The woman smiled discreetly as she looked up to her partner and AI. She was an agent sent by the Lord God to eliminate the people who had illegally entered the trial world. They weren't needed at all, but the enemy seemed to be more of a threat than they suspect.

So some agents were dispatched. She and her AI were SS level agents and have far surpassed the other merely ordinary system. They, unlike others, can choose their missions, but when it comes from the source itself, they are compelled to follow the Lord God’s orders.

“Do you think that's them, I mean, the cannon fodder has been acting a bit brave for a while.” She confided in her own system as he was the only thing she had. She knew clearly that getting attached to the NPC player of the plotted world's wasn't a very good idea, yet she couldn't control her own heart and had gotten hurt. She had to like the male protagonist and then end up thrown away. At that moment, she wanted to badly throw a fuss, but she was just a player, not the pure jewel of the world. And couldn't do as she pleased.

“Highly unlikely, the only way to show that the other has been acting in a different manner is if they fail the parent test, and then the world will automatically kick them out. But it is not a bad idea to tail them. The more we are cautious, the more we can save our backs.” The man said as he pulled the door of their car and drove off to a deserted place. He pushed the car to a stop and turned off the engine. They both immediately jumped into the space between the world and his host’ own personal space.

The moment they disappeared, a red blinking dot fell of the women's outfit as the dot exhausted itself and flew off in a certain direction. The woman pulled open a cabinet and flipped through her files. There was this chilling feeling that went through her bones telling her there was more than meets the eye to that man.

“Don’t worry about it, Veronica, you know it won't help anything. And they are just human. We are sential beings already obtaining immortality. Even though immortality means we have to do missions, at least we can choose whether we want to do them or not.” The AI comforted his host as his voice managed to soothe Veronica’s messed soul. She had chosen to be the female antagonist of the story. This would give her more space to play. Only the Villian’s/Villianess’s have enough power to counterattack the main leads of the world.

And she needed to feel the same way that the man she once loved felt, the power that could drive one into madness. She slipped on a crystal bracelet that had the power to protect and cover her. She would need it at the specific moment where her AI is not optional.

The man behind her sighed in worry. Ever since he had seen his host get hurt by the male protagonist of one of their previous missions, she had never been the same. She lost the vibrant spark that flashed in her orbs, and her personality turned dull. These are the affects of falling in love with an NPC, although the main protagonists are the fated son’s of luck they can only chose the female protagonist or the cannon fodder as their true soulmate and most of the time the choice falls upon a messed up harem craving man.

The system himself didn't know that he was experiencing more human emotions and had gotten a rather large liking towards his host. He did not regard her as a usable tool for his upgrading but a person with feelings. But his feelings were so forbidden the mere thought of it hadn't ever crossed his mind. He only thought he was feeling sympathetic towards her and nothing more.

Meanwhile, in a clear room with blue covered wall and dim lights, a figure was staring heatedly into the screen as his hand flew at the speed of light. The sound of crackling and tapping was loud in the room, but the figure only continued to watch the footage before turning it off.

“My, a little flower dares to threaten me. The almighty host of the sential beings. And the God of all people, how dare they! I will kill them, and then I can return back to my life. My wife and friends, they will finally pay for what they did! That bitch dares to cheat on me, she should be shouting and excited to be with me. I am the man of the house and had been her only purpose in life!”

The man deluded himself as he would mummer loudly as his eyes were dyed blood, his pupils dilated to a lower point. His cornea couldn't be seen, he would twitch and spasm as he moved his hand while talking. A flash of true obsession passed through those pitch black orbs as they scanned the area.

He was a lone host who had lost his system in a battle, he had purposely tested his system to see if it was loyal to him or that scum of a God. He isn't to happy of how he had died, pushed down his own apartment by his own wife as he had caught her having an affair with another man. He was not happy about that and had gotten into a heated argument with her resulting in him being pushed off a building.

He was unsatisfied and had went mad but the system said that he could only go back if he completed some mission he grew to hate the women he saw in the mission world as she resembles his wife. He lashed out on the women and beat her up, disfiguring her as he watched her coldly die in front of his eyes. But as he was about to receive the satisfaction his system made a humming noise and sent a message to the Lord God.

He immediately disconnected with it and left it in the world, he was not expecting to travel to another plane but had to pick himself up. He sat in the shadows and planned to plunder the world of all its energy and the main attraction is when the male and female protagonists get together.

So he spied on both of their lives. The only way to ruin that is if he uses someone else as a filter. He has to seduce the male protagonist and make their life a living hell as well as choose another male protagonist to be the stand in, that way the world conscious would be appeased and his soul wouldn't be obliterated. At least, that is what he had gotten from the system.

But things haven't been going well for him, he had been tracked by a few of the sent host's and almost lost his life, the female protagonist seemed to be incapable of attracting the male lead’s attention meaning his own plan would need to be moved to create more casualties for him as the world can automatically reset itself or even create more of these  opportunities for the female and male protagonists to get together.