Chapter 1|

Addison pov.
I shivered as I sat in the corner of the freezing cold basement hugging Gege,my stuffed monkey. My dad got her for me when he was on a business trip, I was 1 years old ever since I had it. Why did uncle Tony always have the air conditioning on down here?. The clock on the wooden desk glowed red light as it showed 11:34 p.m. That was the only light otherwise it was pitch black. I heard thumps and loud music from upstairs. I guess uncle Tony was having another of his late Saturday night parties that usually stops at a least 3-4 a.m. Why did my life have to end up like this, I did nothing wrong. I should introduce my self, my Name is Addison Elle Roberts. I am 7 years old and my birthday is March 4th. I guess I should explain why I am in this situation. It all happened 3 years ago, I remember it was my birthday that day. I always could remember how happy I was at that time. Me and my parents went to a breakfast diner that morning then in the after noon we went to this huge water park, I only went there once but I wish I could go there every single day. It was one of the best places I went to. Then we did our little family tradition where on my birthday we would go to a toy store and they would let me buy any toy I want. The sad part for them is that I always take a least an 1 hour to find the perfect toy for myself, but they learned to be patient for me. But here comes the part of that day that I wished never happened.
Flash back:
As we were riding in the car on the way back home I was trying to open the plastic box around the new Barbie doll with my fingernails even though they were short. "Sweety calm down, I promise as soon as we get home I will open it for you" daddy chuckled softly. "How long are we from home?" I asked staring my toy intently. " about 25 minutes, baby just take a little nap. We will wake you up when we get there" mommy said checking her watch "ok" I huffed putting the toy on the side. "I love you mommy and daddy" I whispered tiredly. "We love you too sweetheart, happy birthday Addison" my mom said looking back at me smiling. After about 5 minutes I woke up from jerking from the car, I saw bright lights coming toward our car then felt something hit us. everything went black.
Flash back over
That was the last thing I remember after that really. I was in the hospital for a week after the incident because I got a fractured leg, deep cuts that needed stitches, and my arm got all swollen from when it hit the car door from how hard the pressure was. My life was literally broken, I started to close In on everybody. Nothing felt right since my parents weren't here with me anymore. My parents were the only thing I was close too, yeah I had relatives but none of them had the relationship I had with my mom and dad. It got annoying when people said "You are so blessed that you are survived this" but really it was horrible knowing that I lost the people I loved. Even though it was 3 years ago doesn't mean I forgot about them. I think about them every single day wishing they were here with me. After that incident, things just got more worse. I had to live with my uncle Tony. He had been the best uncle in the world at first but ever since my parents death he thought it was my fault they died so he started abusing me. I would never picture him today As he was a long time ago. He would slap me, call me names, give me little food every other day which lead me starving , it is horrible. If you took off my shirt you would see scars and bruises all over my back and a little on my stomach. Some are visible so when people ask me what happened I am forced to stay it was from the car crash because if I don't Tony will hurt me badly. Sometimes I am used to the pain of how much I get a day but then again that sharp pain still stings. It seems like whenever he is hurting me it releases stress off of him, it makes me sad that's the way he has to do it.
I woke up in the middle of the night at 4:46. I stood up and walked around in the dark until I finally found the stairs. I walked up them slowly then when I was at the top I put my ear against the door. It was silent, I guess everybody left. I shook the door knob but realized that it was locked once again. I sighed when I started walking back down the stairs when something poked my foot hard I Shrieked "ouch!" I shushed my self quickly not hoping Tony heard me. I felt the stair step with my hand and found out it was a nail. I wonder if I can open the door this way and sneak out. I stuck it in the door knob and turned it around a couple of times. I heard a little click and the door creaked open, great thing the lights were all on up here. I was cheering mentally in my head. I quietly tip-toed through the kitchen when I was walking I was about to go in the living room when I saw uncle Tony a sleep on the couch with his arms and legs in different direction snoring loudly. There was a can of "beer" leaning on the couch though I don't even know what kind of drink that it, all I know is the color is brown. I then decided that I have to do this sometime and not be afraid. I started walking towards the front door leading from the living room. I was so close when I tripped on a shoe and fell down. I hissed as my knees went to the floor first stinging as I saw scratch started to bleed on my left knee. I quickly got back on my feet ignoring the pain. I heard shuffling before steps were coming closer to me. "Who's there" uncle tony yelled. Uh oh. I Ran quietly but fast to the laundry room that was on the corner. I hid all the way in the back going behind cardboard boxes. I heard a laugh but not a good one kinda like a evil one. "Addison come out, come out where ever you are" I can feel the smirk on his face right now. This probably won't end up well.