-25 ~ Holding On To Him (Pt. 1)

Short Story~

I'm about to tell you the story about...

The love of my life... well...

The loves of my life... seeing that there were two...

My name is Marinette Du Pain Cheng. I was born in Paris, France but moved to my mother's birth country, China when I was young.

It was just my mom, dad, and I, we were really close, my mom and I especially so one day, my father had a thought for us to go to Paris and visit my relatives. we did... just the two of us. Dad and boarded a plane and headed back to Paris.

It was splendid... everywhere I turned smelt great, there were great sites, food, the people were friendly, I hot many... many kisses to the point where I'm watching in my compact and rubbing off lipstick from my cheek.

"We are here." My dad announced as the cab stopped. I got the car and smiled widely as my grandfather came out to greet me with a wide smile. "Marinette!" He a warm hug. " grandpa." I smiled hugging him back...

He took us inside and showed me to my room. "Get settled in, we'll go out for dinner later alright." I nodded as he handed me my suitcase. I placed the luggage on my bed and started unpacking right seeing that I would be seeing her for a few months.

I was beginning to get a bit so I went downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a donut from the box my dad and I had brought from a small shop before I heard laughter.

I slid the sliding glass door leading to the backyard and then to my surprise a ball flew over the fence and landed at my feet. it up, holding my donut between my teeth. "Hey there." I heard someone shout in shock to see a boy by the fence at him with a gapped mouth. "H-Hi." I responded. "Have you just moved in?" he asked. "O-Oh, yes, I have." I responded. "Cool, so... can I have my ball back, one of my friends has a bad arm..." he chuckled. "Oh, yes, sorry." I climbed up on the crate and handed him the ball. "ThanksLuka, come on man let's go." Someone else shouted from on the porch.

"Coming! I'll see you around kay, and sorry for the donut." He chuckled before leaving...

''Do you like it Marinette?'' My grandfather asked as I slurped up a few noodles in my mouth. ''Yes, It's .'' I exclaimed. '' it really is, what should we do tomorrow?'' grandfather asked. ''How about visit the falls?'' My father and I nodded.

''I met someone today, A boy, his ball flew over the and I talked a bit to him.'' I spoke up. ''Marinette don't talk to boys over fences, you never know ''You mean Luka? He's a great kid Tom, smart, kind, he helps me out in the bakery sometimes, he even comes over to play board games, I looked after him when he was younger, he'll be a great friend to you Marinette, and he's around your age, and quite handsome too.'' Her spoke up.

''Pfft... he's average.'' I replied but already feel my cheeks burning up. ''No boys, but I will allow this... kid since your grandfather vouched for him, and you will need to make some friends around here.'' Tom responded...

I woke up to the smell of fresh baked goods, I could smell it all the way from upstairs in my room. Quickly getting my fluffy bunny slippers I ran downstairs to the kitchen.

'' I and the blue haired boy jumped in shock. ''What going on?!'' father asked. ''S-Sorry I-I didn't expect to see you here.'' I quickly shot out. ''Ah I understand, it's not a problem-'' ''Oh no, I must look like a mess.'' I looked at my in the fridge and my eyes widened. My hair was a mess... and I had on a simple nightgown with bunny slippers, I HADN'T EVEN BRUSHED MY TEETH YET.