-26 ~ Holding on to Him Pt.2-

It's been 5 years since Luka left, I've finally been able to accept what happened and now it's time to move on...

There is this guy I like... his name is Adrien, he's smart... and funny. We've been friends since I came back from my trip actually, he was a new guy in school, we didn't talk much back then, but now I know he's my best friend and I'm his.

School was the same, teens being teens, school work. Confusing and frustrating at times, but I've managed to find a few hobbies, I love baking, so I baked from time to time.

I also love drawing, I can sketch a bit, but I mostly just doodle. I write stories, just short ones, to pass time, it's pretty fun...

''Hey Princess.'' Adrien smiled as he sat down beside me in the school library. ''Hello.'' I replied. ''What are you working on?'' he asked peeking over my arm and into my book. ''Homework.'' I responded. ''Ah that sucks...'' he mumbled back.

''Hey Mari?'' Adrien asked. ''Mhm?'' I mumbled back, my head still in my book. ''Do you want to go out with me? It could be something small... like the movies... or a picnic... just the two of us, maybe?'' he asked. ''L-Like a date?'' I asked. ''Y-Yeah I guess so.''

''Adrien-'' ''You don't have to say yes or anything, I won't-'' ''A picnic sounds nice,'' I replied with a smile. ''Are you sure? You don't have to-'' ''Mhm, how about this Saturday?'' I asked. ''Yeah sure, I'll pick you up.'' The blonde boy said before he took out his book...

The date...

Adrien took me to a park... I used to stay away from parks ever since... him. So today I finally was going to face my fears. We set up a nice spot under a large tree, he even got us champagne. ''You are really fancy aren't you, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne, this feels like a proposal,'' I replied.

''Do you want it to be?'' he asked with a grin. ''I don't know,'' I replied crossing my legs. ''Hm, well, I wanted to make it special, after all... this is our... fifth date.'' He replied...

After a while we just sat there, looking at the dogs that played in the green grass... while I drew in my book. ''I love when you are quiet like this... you look so different when you draw, you are calm, and peaceful, beautiful.'' He whispered. Then there was the feeling again... the one in my stomach, the one that made me lean in.

It's been so long since my first kiss, I've never kissed anyone else, or held another boy's hand for that matter, but. I told myself it was time to move on so that's why I leaned in...

But as he leaned in closer, his lips nearly on mine... I saw Luka's lips closing in on mine... I saw his blue eyes. I looked at Adrien's green eyes and blonde hair and I couldn't do it...

I pulled away and moved away, hugging my legs. ''I can't I'm sorry.'' I whispered. ''It's okay, I understand, we'll drop it okay.'' I nodded and he smiled at me...

Time skip~

Date number 10 was here... Again... we went to a park... but this one was different... we held hands and walked down a path, it was getting darker, and I was staring at the lamp poles until he pulled me over to a bridge.

''Marinette...'' he whispered. ''Adrien...'' I mocked and he chuckled. ''I got you something.'' He added. ''Oh- '' before I could finish, he pulled out a box. ''It's a necklace. For you. I love you...'' he whispered and my stomach dropped... my heart skipped a beat.

I was lost for words... Adrien smiled and took my hand putting the box in my hand.

''I can't.'' I said pulling away. ''Marinette- '' ''I have to go.''