10. Café date

They went to a cozy cafe closer to the city as Taehyung wanted to take a walk through the city park first and even though the blond said he didn't want to eat something sweet, he still ended up getting pancakes as his cravings got the best of him.

Taehyung was almost finished eating and Jeongguk was just staring at him lovingly as he was done eating when his phone rang. The ravenette looked at the caller ID, but put the phone back on the table as he'd rather watch Taehyung.

"Aren't you going to answer?" The blond asked after finishing the last bite of his food.

"It's fine. I can call back later." Jeongguk smiled but the phone started ringing once again.

"Jeonggukkie, just take the call. It's fine. I'll wait." The muscular man sighed and nodded, standing up with his phone in his hand and walking a bit away from the table.

"What do you want?" The ravenette spoke into the phone and heard a chuckle on the other side.

"That's no way to speak to your father is it?" Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "You aren't my dad. You stopped being that the second you cheated on mom."

"When will you stop being so resentful towards me? I made a mistake, okay? Your mother forgave me, so why can't you?"

Jeongguk rolled his eyes again and scoffed. "Why did you call?" He asked, ignoring his father's question.

"Well, your mother wanted to invite you over for dinner next week. She wants us to make up."

He turned towards Taehyung, who was looking out the window of the café, that had a view of the park and a big playground. He sighed deeply before responding.

"I'll think about it. I've got a lot of work." Even though he didn't like his father one bit, he owed it to his mom to show up.

"That's great. Alright, well, give me or your mom a call when you decide." Jungkook agreed and hung up the phone. He walked over to taehyung, who smiled at him but his expression changed when he noticed how tensed up Jeongguk seemed.

"Everything alright?" He asked, worriedly.

"Yeah. My mom wants to invite me to dinner next week, but I don't know if I want to see my dad." Taehyung's mouth shaped an ' o' shape. He knew the problems Jeongguk and his dad had. Back when they were friends, he used to vent to him a lot.

Taehyung stayed quiet for a minute, trying to figure out what to say when an idea popped into his head.

"How about I come with you?" Jeongguk looked at him, slightly taken aback by the suggestion.

"Only if you want of course-" Taehyung's words were cut short by a pair of lips on his. His eyes widened and a bright pink shade blossomed on his cheeks. This was the first time Jeongguk had kissed him in public, and he could feel people looking.

Nonetheless, his body relaxed and melted into the kiss. Jeongguk pulled away, cupping his cheeks.

" I'd love for you to come with me." Taehyung nodded, still flustered by the fact that Jungkook had kissed him so openly, not to mention in the middle of a popular café.

He looked around and found some people looking at them, making embarrassment overflow him as he hated being the centre of attention.

Maybe it was just his imagination, but he felt like everyone was watching them. It'd surely take some time to get used to Jeongguk kissing him in public.

"What's the matter? Are you feeling sick? Do you need to throw up? Wanna go home?" The ravenette immediately noticed taehyung's discomfort, making worry sink through his body.