16. Wine

"Wow, so you own a flower shop? That's so cool! Compared to hyung who is just a basic businessman." The youngest around the table exclaimed, giving his older brother a side eye, making the said man scoff.

"Correction, I'm the youngest self-made millionaire in the country. And how much money do you make again? Oh that's right, none." Jeongguk spat back, a glaring contest starting between the two brothers, Taehyung right in the middle and giggling at the bickering.

"Would you like some wine, bear?" Taehyung's gaze flicked towards Mrs. Jeon, eyes slightly widening as she was about to pour some into his still empty wineglass.

"Oh, no thank you..I'm good." He chuckled awkwardly and waved his hand as in implying he was okay.

"You won't even have one glass?" Mrs. Jeon raised an eyebrow, a bit confused as to why the other hadn't had anything except water the whole evening.

Taehyung gulped, unsure of what to answer. However, Jeongguk quickly intervened, seeing the nervous expression on the blond's face.

"Mom, he can't have alcohol." The ravenette uttered, though it only made his mother more confused.

"Why is that? You're not sick are you? You're taking good care of your health right?" She bent over the table and felt his forehead to see if he had a fever, but his temperature seemed completely normal.

Taehyung glanced at Jeongguk, who seemed somewhat unsure what to say as well.

"Well then what is it? You two are acting strange. Is there something going on?" The woman narrowed her eyes at the couple, who were both awkwardly looking everywhere but at her.

"Mom, he just doesn't drink alcohol. Let's just enjoy the food, yeah?" Jeongguk smiled at his mom, who wanted to protest, but decided not to press further.

"Maybe he is pregnant." Soobin mumbled under his breath, more like a joke, nonetheless, both Taehyung and Jeongguk halted in their actions, Taehyung almost choking on his food.

The whole table went silent, eyes wide and confused as they pieced everything together. Mr. Jeon's mouth went agape, Mrs. Jeon was completely frozen and Soobin mumbled a 'I was only joking'.

Jeongguk glanced at Taehyung, who was so anxious he seemed like he was about to cry, so the raven haired male reached for his hand that was clutching onto his pants and slowly intertwined their fingers.

Taehyung gazed back up at him and tightened the hold, letting out a shaky breath when Jeongguk smiled reassuringly at him.

The dominant one took and deep breath and looked back at his mother, who was still staring straight ahead with an unreadable expression. "Mom-"

"He is pregnant?" His mom beat him to it and asked, eyes big and shiny. Jeongguk straightened his back and cleared his throat before responding.

"Yeah. Yeah, he is." Taehyung gulped, eye flickering down at his lap as he was to nervous to look at the stunned family.

"I know it's coming as a shock, mom, but-"

"I'm gonna be a grandmother?" His mother again cut him off and Taehyung swore he got deja vu, because when he looked up, Mrs. Jeon was smiling and almost crying. Like mother like son, I guess.

"You are." Jeongguk smiled too, letting out a relieved sigh once Mrs. Jeon's face lit up in excitement. She stood up, running over to the other side of the table and hugging Taehyung tightly, despite him being seated.

"This is amazing! Thank you, thank you!" Taehyung smiled and chuckled, a tear accidentally escaping his eye as he hugged her back.

"Holy fuck. This shit is crazy." Soobin stated out of nowhere, still flabbergasted by what just happened, making his mother turn to him after releasing the hug and slapping his arm.