Beginnings

"You have some sort of escape plan?"

"Yeah, but your not gonna like it." He pulled up his hand to his ear. "Bulkhead to Optimus, rendezvous to my coordinates." A Lazer shot at his face, making him pause in pain. "I'm in need of backup!" Bulkhead called through his comlink.

It didn't look like there was any response as he immediately went back to fighting. The humans weren't giving up. One Lazer shot right into the side of Breakdowns head. Causing him to pull up his arm to swat the bullets away like bugs. They didn't do much damage, but they were an endless stream that stung after a while.

Bulkhead was right, he didn't like it. But at the moment he didn't care all that much. He just wanted out of this.

A Lazer from one of the helicopters shot his right side. He turned to look up at the sky, spotting a helicopter with a gun attached to the bottom. He grabbed a vehicle right beside him and tossed it as hard as he could into the sky. Screams from the humans rattled through the air for a second. Then a giant explosion. But he had already turned his attention away from it.

Breakdown used his cannon that sat on his shoulder to fire at the surrounding humans. His hammer smashed down on the cars. He didn't care about any of them. Not even just because these were humans. But because they were trying to tear him apart like scrap.

The thought of being torn about by humans disgusted him.

He looked up and spotted three helicopters, the two in front seemed to be clearing a path for the one in the center.

Then he saw the familiar face smiling back at him mischievously. Silas. He seemed to push a button, and a Lazer cannon on the helicopter started firing up. He stood there for a second, staring at it. Letting the little human bullets dent his finish. He was glad knockout wasn't here to witness this. Right as the helicopters cannon began to fire he ran out of the before it could hit him, knowing it couldn't move in time to catch up. The blast hit exactly where he stood a moment before, sending out a wave of energy that damaged the surrounding area.

He noticed Bulkhead, not to far away from him, was struggling. A little pang of guilt shot through breakdown knowing he must still be hurt from their fight earlier today. If he wasn't, maybe he could've held his own. Bulkhead fell onto the dirt. Groaning in pain. Catching breakdown by surprise.

A certain human noticed this to, up from inside their flying safe haven. A small light began to buzz through silas's Canon again. This time aiming at the autobot. Bulkhead didn't seem to notice.

Without thinking, breakdown hurdled himself at bulkhead to push him out of the way of the lazer. The bullets seemed to stop. They slid across the ground together. And when they finally stopped, they sat up. Staring wide optics at the explosion that could have been bulkhead. Then stared at eachother, just for a second. Seemingly understanding that they had to work together.

Then the bullets were flying again, like little hopeless bugs.

They got up in unison, and back to back they started fighting the humans. Breakdown and bulkhead working together. Smashing cars left and right.

They had been fighting for eons so they knew eachothers patterns. Bulkhead swung left, his right side needed covering. It was so strange, after all, they hated eachother. But here they were, defending one another so easily.

If breakdown had time to think, maybe he would've realized the Canon firing up above their heads. They were an easy target, standing back to back.

The humans began to run into their cars and drive off. The helicopters swung away. They were leaving.

Together they changed their weapons back into their hands and watched as MECH scrambled away. The loud sounds and the heat of battle leaving with them.

"Your backup?" He said, turning to face bulkhead behind him. He just sorta stared at him blankly, not responding. From the sounds coming from the sky, it certainly didn't sound like any autobot. Then he turned to look.