Desperate measures

"I Recognized this magnetic signature Soundwave. And it would be unfortunate to have a decepticon invention such as this used against us." Megatron said. Almost to himself, since Soundwave never said anything back.

Breakdown saw an opportunity. "I will secure the weapon lord Megatron."

"Breakdown? Hah." The look on his face as he turned to face him told him exactly what he was going to say next. "If you can be bested my mere humans, what chance do you have against the autobots!" He thought for a moment. "And what makes you think I trust you in the field at the moment, after you betrayed starscream?"

The words cut deep. He was right after all, but the fact he didn't trust him truly hurt him. "Allow me to redeem myself master." He said in a hurry. Then took a deep breath. "What I have lost, is a constant reminder that I must never again fail you."

It wasn't a lie, per say. He didn't want to fail megatron again. The result would be treacherous. But he didn't exactly want to be here. But where else could he go? He was not about to run away and be an outcast.

"Ah yes, your optic problem." Megatron said, facing the wall. "Very well breakdown. I'll let you have one more chance. But you won't get any backup. Now, leave."

And so he did.

_____

Breakdown took a step outside the ground bridge, and it shut off behind him.

He was in a desert, large rocks and plain sand surrounded him. It was hot, with the sun high in the sky.

He looked down at his scanner. It lightly beeped as he began walking. It took him a while to follow it. The more it beeped the closer he got to the weapon.

This gave him a moment to think. He was alone, with no one to keep him grounded. Which is always when his mind wandered the most.

Part of him hoped he wouldn't even see the autobots. Or at least, if they did show up, it wasn't bulkhead. He wasn't really sure why he felt that way. His emotions had gone haywire since that time spent with the autobots.

He only hated it for knockouts sake. He couldn't just abandon knockout and run away with the autobots. What kinda partner would that make him?

He didn't even believe in the decepticon cause, he was only there to support his partner. Along the way he somehow forgot that. After so many years of war, you tend to forget why your fighting.

It didn't matter which side they were on to him anyways. As long as he was with knockout.

But, at the same time, the decepticons were cruel. Not just to the autobots, but even to themselves. Sure, there were evil autobots, but that was war. It twists and crushes everyone in some way, shape or form. He was a first hand example of that truth. Anyone who had survived this long was.

The scanner in his hand began to beep like crazy as he walked up to a pile of rocks. He smiled and chuckled. Trying his best to change his focus. "Jackpot." He transformed his hand into his hammer, and began smashing away.

After a few hits, he saw a dull silver gleam in the sun. He dusted away the pebbles and picked up the weapon. The polarity gauntlet. He had done it. He smiled to himself.

Now to get this back to the nemesis.

He heard something. A clattering noise on his left side made him get into a battle stance, and fire up his Canon. He stared at the empty space. Had he imagined it? He heard something behind him, and turned to see.

It was a strange con. She was perched between two big rocks with her spider appendages. She chuckled, the laugh growing more manic as she continued for a second. He wasn't really sure why he didn't shoot.