But I Love Him

"What?"

Megatrons words didn't register in Knockouts spark.

He didn't even fully hear what he said. Something about Breakdown being a traitor.

Megatron only stared at him, frowning. Refusing to say anything more. Knowing he heard him.

There was no sympathy in his eyes. He showed no signs of remorse. But knockout didn't expect any.

Why would anyone?

"That can't be true." Knockout glared at him. "I don't care who you are. You shouldn't be lying to cons about their sparkmates." His words were brave. Braver than brave, actually.

Megatrons fury only seemed to double as he stared at him. He dared to talk back to him, of all cons. Knockout could only imagine what Megatron was thinking, knowing it couldn't be good.

But he couldn't just sit here and listen to him spew all that nonsense about his partner. He knew Breakdown wouldn't have the courage to talk back, but he would think the same thing.

Or maybe he would talk back. After all, knockout never expected him to leave him like this, and that takes guts. He was acting braver than he ever had before. Somehow, that made knockout proud. Extremely miserable. But at the same time breakdown finally stood up for himself. His spark swelled with a burst of confusion and love. He held back tears.

"Oh, knockout, I'm not lying. I saw it with my own optics." He raised his hand and scraped his fingertips together. The sharp sound echoed throughout the medbay, cutting deep into Knockouts spark. "He not only tried to kill me, he is now working with the autobots." His voice dripping of false sympathy. "Soundwave has evidence that he has been working with them since he first stepped onto this ship. It's sad that you've been fooled by an autobot spy, but unfortunately, it does happen. This is a war. Who knows how long he's been working for them behind close doors."

Evidence that far back? How was that even possible? Autobot spy? What kind of idiot did he think Knockout was? Surely he would've noticed something! Surely he wasn't so self absorbed to never have noticed breakdown change in behavior. Especially one so drastic. Right?

He knew something was off when he came back from the cursed auotbot base. But was there something way before that?

"He is old friends with Bulkhead, yes?"

Knockout didn't respond.

"I'm sorry, knockout." He wasn't. It took everything to keep him from saying something sarcastic back. "It's best if you forget about him."

And with that, he left. The doors shut behind him with a sudden metallic screech.

Knockout stared at the floor. The cold air seeped into his metal skin, trying to freeze his spark.

A single tear fell from his optic. Making him move his arm to wipe it away. He pulled away it away and stared at it on his sharp claws.

How much of an idiot was he?

How could he not have seen the signs of Breakdowns unhappiness?

He had. He just chose to ignore them.

Breakdown never wanted to live on this cursed ship. Knockout did. It's because of him that he's gone.

No, not gone. Breakdown wasn't dead. Although, it felt like he was. Breakdown was no longer putting up with him.

It finally happened.

Everyone left him eventually. Now, even his own spark mate left him in the dust.

More tears flowed down his face. Leaving blue streaks in their wake. Usually, he would care. But not right now.

He lifted both of his hands and stared down at his palms. The blue tears falling into his palms, surprising him as they continued to fall, even when he tried to will them to stop. He even began to shake.

There had to be another reason for all of this, a better reason. Breakdown wouldn't just abandon him for no reason. No way! Not a chance!

Why would Megatron do this to them? Split them up.

Yes, this was all Megatrons' fault. Breakdown would never just leave Knockout unless it was absolutely necessary.

Still, the heartbreak that came from the aftershock rocked him to his very spark.

He had to figure out what was really going on here. Cause there was no way Megatron was telling the truth.

Now everyone on this ship was an enemy of his.

Megatron was surely waiting for him to run to Breakdown. The question was, what was he supposed to do? He couldn't possibly join the autobots.

This had to be played correctly. Any mistakes were going to be deadly.

But he was willing to risk his life. To give everything up.

For Breakdown.