Chapter 24

Evangeline

I quickly separated myself from Dominic, muttering incoherently about needing to get Nathaniel, my cheeks red with embarrassment as I turned around. Only to have my arm grabbed, I looked at Dominic, his eyes were filled with amusement as he watched me look at him wide eyed, smirking as he took in my flustered form.

"Don't worry my love, I'll get Nathaniel you just worry about cooling down" he teased. I just nodded not even releasing what he had said until he was walking out of the kitchen. I glared at his back as he walked away, his bare back, that looked very muscly and strong and-

I shook my head, snapping myself out of my trance. I decided to make some breakfast to keep myself occupied, although I wasn't very good in the kitchen, so I decided on some jam on toast, which in the grand scheme of things really didn't take up enough of my time to forget about Dominic and his topless self.

Every time I thought of him in his low hung pants with no shirt I could feel my face heat up, I felt like a teenager. Obviously, I had seen a man's body before and I definitely wasn't innocent, I had managed to get pregnant after all, but seeing Dominic's naked torso had done things to me, made me feel things I hadn't felt in a very long time. I wanted him to kiss me, to hold me, to feel his mouth on my own.

"You going to eat that?"

I shrieked, turning around to see Luke leaning against the island.

"I-I yes, yes I am" I stuttered out; Dominic really had done a number on me this morning,

"You were daydreaming about Dominic weren't you" he said, amused.

"What?! No!" I yelled, obviously lying.

"Come on, Evie, I'm your best friend and Dominic is hot, if I wasn't happily married I'd have gotten a boner looking at him looking all dirty and shirtless" he admitted, making me stare at him with my mouth open.

"You're married?" I asked, changing subjects.

"Yep, with a husband I'm betting you'll find even hotter than Dominic, don't let me catch you staring, I can get quite possessive" I laughed, Luke and I had gotten quite close the past few weeks, he was probably the closest thing I'd ever had to a friend. How had I not known he was married?

"How did I not know you were married? Surely that's something that would have been mentioned" I questioned, slightly baffled.

"I'm sure I'll have talked about him before, you were probably just daydreaming about Dominic" he said, nonchalantly.

"I do not daydream about Dominic!" I yelled, at the exact moment Dominic walked into the room.

"Who daydreams about me?" he asked.

"Not me!" I yelled once more, my cheeks flaming red. "I'm just going to get dressed" I mutter, the embarrassing silence after my little outburst being slightly too much,

I all but ran out of the kitchen, rushing up the stairs and seeking solace in the comfort of my own room. Collapsing dramatically onto my bed, I brought my hands to my face, letting out a small squeal at the events of this morning.

I had almost kissed Dominic. I really hadn't imagined that had I?

Deciding the best way forward was pretending nothing happened at all, I decided to get ready. I grabbed a thin white t-shirt and some blue jeans, pulling a woolly cardigan over the top, then pulling my hair into a bun on top of my head, not in the mood to tame my wild curls. I planned to have a quiet day with Nathaniel today, doing some small activities to help with his motor skills, then watch Disney movies all day.