| prologue |

"Once, mankind accepted a simple truth, that they were not alone in this universe

"Once, mankind accepted a simple truth, that they were not alone in this universe. Some worlds man believed to be home to their gods. Others, they knew to fear. From a realm of cold and darkness came the frost giants... threatening to plunge the mortal world into a new ice age. But humanity would not face this threat alone. Our armies drove the Frost Giants back into the heart of their own world. The cost was great. In the end, their king fell. And the source of their power was taken from them. With the last great war ended, we withdrew from the other worlds and returned home to the Realm Eternal, Asgard. Here we remain as a beacon of hope, shining out across the stars. And though we have fallen into man's myths and legends, it was Asgard and its warriors that brought peace to the universe..."

Three children stood on opposite sides of their father as they stared at the 'Casket of Ancient Winters', the source of the Frost Giants' power, listening carefully to the king's story. On the older man's right, stood the firstborn.

The God of Thunder and lighting.

Thor Odinson.

He had short blonde hair, and shiny, bright blue eyes, like thunder when it flashes in the sky. The boy had a bright smile on his face as he took in his father's words. He wore a faded, light blue shirt with a red and black vest thing, with a matching belt. Thor had a very outgoing personality. Always filled with energy, was very loud, and had a big heart. He loved his family. He loved his realm. His kingdom.

To the man's right, stood his youngest.

The god of mischief and trickery.

Loki Odinson.

He had deep sea green eyes, that looked blue in bright sunlight, and his black hair was slicked-back. He wore a very faded light green shirt with a similar vest thing as his brother, though his was dark green and gold. Unlike his brother, Loki was more reserved and quiet. Kept to himself. He too loved his family, his twin sister probably most of all.

Holding hands with the youngest stood the middle child, his older twin, by ten minutes.

The goddess of magic and witchcraft.

Athalia Odindottir. She had long, thick black hair and unlike her twin, her eyes were deep blue. Like the bottom of the ocean or the sky at midnight. On top of her head sat a small gold tiara with black gems and unlike her brother she wore a dress. It was a flowy, long-sleeved, purple dress, that was cut off at her ankles, with a small gold corset, to match the gold on her twin's clothes.

She, as well, loved her family, no matter how annoying her brothers could get she loved all of her family equally. She was loyal and would always have her brother's back when need, and stop them, Thor mainly, from doing stupid things. She loved her kingdom. Her realm and the beauty it held. She was a very adventurous princess, even though she was brave, she knew her limits.

"But the day will come," The father, Odin, stepped forward turning to face his three children, "when one of you will have to defend that peace."

"Do the Frost Giants still live?" Loki asked, his father.

"When I'm king," Thor started, placing his hand on his chest, "I'll hunt the monsters down and slay them all!" Thor said waving his arms around as if he was holding a sword, slaying the frost giants. "Just as you did, Father."

"A wise king, or queen," Odin said, his gaze meeting his daughter seeing a wide, hopeful smile come across her face, "never seeks out war. But, they must always be ready for it." Odin explained, passing all three of his children again to exit the room. The three siblings turned and looked at each other, smiles on their faces as they ran after their father.

Athalia ran faster than the two boys, reaching her father, the king of Asgard before her brothers did. She took hold of his left hand, looking up at her beloved father. Turning his head he smiled down at his only daughter, squeezing her hand slightly. Thor and Loki caught up to their father and sister. The blonde was holding Odin's right hand while the black-haired boy held his twins.

"I'm ready, Father," Thor said, looking up at the king, his father.

"So am I," Loki said, quickly after his brother.

"No, Father. I'm ready. Can I be queen?" Athalia pleaded, gripping her father's hand.

"Only one of you can ascend to the throne. But all three of you were born to rule."