| 20 |

Before celebrating their victory win with well-deserved food, the Avengers handed the scepter and Loki over to S

Before celebrating their victory win with well-deserved food, the Avengers handed the scepter and Loki over to S.H.I.E.L.D. They had to wait at Stark Towers, Fury had said, he'd send agents to meet them there. They, the Avengers, hadn't known where the scepter was being taken to, but they did know that Loki, and the Tesseract, were going to be put into another holding cell and somewhere safe—this time with Asgardian restaurants that would limit Loki's godly abilities.

Athalia had excused herself from everyone, slipping away without anyone really noticing. She was going to find Fury. As she walked, she felt herself being flooded with different emotions. She couldn't believe that they had actually won.

Through dealing with her emotions, Athalia finally had time to deal with the burn on her side. It wasn't bleeding anymore which she was pleased about but there still was dried blood around it. The armor around that part of her body had shuttered and broken, but seeing as she could easily fix that later with magic, she focused her powers on healing herself. Her hand hovered over the burn, her palms and fingers glowing purple as the wound slowly changed from a deep red to a slightly lighter colour than her normal skin tone.

"I see you've found me," She heard Fury's voice. Athalai smiled,

"Yes, Sir. It appears I have." She replied, standing face to face with the mortal. "I figure I wouldn't have the chance to speak with you again for a while, or at least before my brother and I take Loki back to Asgard."

A small device formed in her hand. It looked like what the people of Midgard would call a 'Beeper', a small device that allowed for instant human interaction. But this one works differently. Instead of just working in one country of earth, or around the globe, this one would be able to reach Athalia from anywhere in space, even in different realms. Of course, Asgard did have Heimdall, but he would still have to get someone to grab either herself or Thor before sending them to Earth. After the event that had just happened, it seemed like it would be useful.

"A beeper?" Fury questioned raising an eyebrow. Athalia rolled her eyes.

"It's not just any old beeper, Nick. It's magic," Athalia explained, "I enchanted it. So whenever you may need us back on earth, the moment you press that button it'll travel through different realms until it reaches this," Athalia held up a bracelet that she slid on her wrist. "Telling me you need us, such as more alien armies try and destroy your planet. We'll be here to help. Press the button two times and it will send a hologram."

"Thank you, Princess. I will be sure to keep this safe." Athalia smiled as he slipped the devices into his jacket pocket.

"And I will be sure Earth doesn't have this happen again."

●○●○●○●○●

The Avengers were taken to the edge of New York, by the water around beautiful nature. Everyone, besides the Asgardian siblings, were all wearing normal clothes, however, Athalia had finally fixed the broken parts of her suits, as well as Thor's.

Loki's scepter was missing. It had been taken to somewhere nobody knew. Thankfully the Tesseract was safe. Stark held a thick, silver briefcase with the Tesseract inside. Selvig had hold of the container-like tube, that Athalia had created with her magic, to hold the powerful focus. Thor and Loki waited by the wall of the bridge as their sister retrieved the Tesseract.

Athalia took the Tesseract out of the case, a tingling feeling ran through her body as the Cube came in contact with her skin. Banner had long tongs ready just in case the Cube fought back against her. She carefully placed the cube in the glass tube.

Then it was time for people to say goodbye. The godly siblings, Thor and Athalia, both said goodbye to Erik Selvig. The princess hugged the old man before moving on to the only other female in the group. The redhead gladly hugged her, wrapping her arms around her as the two mumbled 'goodbye' to each other.

Next was Clint. Athalia apologized to him on behalf of Loki's actions, mind-controlling him and all. He hugged the princess and told her that it was fine and that he was glad to see Loki in handcuffs. She then moved to Bruce and Tony. The billionaire felt almost awkward hugging the princess so they went in for a handshake while Bruce, much to Athalia's surprise asked for a hug.

"Sorry the Hulk almost killed you back on the ship," he mumbled into her ear making the Asagridan princess laugh. Thor was saying goodbye to Barton and Natasha, while Bruce and Tony kept their eye on Loki, who wasn't fighting against them.

The last person Athalia had to say goodbye to was Steve. A tense feeling tightened in her chest. Neither of them knew what to do. A handshake, a hug, a pat on the back? Why was it so easy to say goodbye to everyone else but so tricky to even have the words, "see you around," leave her lips?

Steve opened his arms out for a hug. Athalia smiled and wrapped her arms around Steve's waist as he wrapped around her shoulders. She could feel his heartbeat pick up. It was comforting. Warm even. Or maybe the right word was relaxing.

When the siblings had said goodbye to everyone they stepped back to stay next to Loki. Athalia held the tube with the Tesseract. Thor and Loki grabbed onto the handle on the opposite end. Taking one last look over at the rest of their team, Athalia nodded her head toward them as a final goodbye before twisting the handle on the tube. The power of the Tesseract warped around them, sending them back home to Asgard.

They didn't know that this was only the beginning.

[Amber's little chats; What Taylor Swift song do you think fits Athalia's Avenger era? I feel like I'm going to ask this for every act. What do you think?]