| 11 |

Odin had sent Athalia to Earth

Odin had sent Athalia to Earth. Stuttgart, Germany, where Heimdall had located Loki. It was dark outside, the street lamps being the only source of light besides the bright moon shimmering in the night sky. The princess had changed from the beautiful Asgardian dress she had been wearing to her fine Asgardian armor.

Athalia stood on top of a fancy white building, watching over the quiet streets. If Heimdall's sight was right, and it's almost never wrong, Loki was inside. The wind blew in the night, the breeze dancing through Athalia's hair. She could hear the faint sounds of classical music coming from inside before switching to the panicked screams of mortals.

People ran out of the fancy building, all dressed in suits and pretty dresses, onto the streets of Germany. They screamed and shouted at the top of their lungs. Panicking. Scared for their lives. The loud noise caught the goddess' attention. Looking over the edge of the building she remained unnoticed by the people below.

She watched as Loki exited the building. Strutting dramatically as he used his magic to shift from the formal suit he was wearing to his normal Asgardian leather. She couldn't believe her eyes. Loki was alive. She'd spent months, mourning and crying for them and all this time, they were alive and well. Not a care in the universe.

Rage bubbled in Athalia's stomach. She didn't know if she wanted to act on her feelings, but a voice in the back of her head told her it would not be a wise choice. Acting on her rage would draw attention to herself and put all these innocent mortals in harm's way. Athalia noticed a golden and silver scepter in her twin's grasp. The glowing blue gem held her attention.

"Loki has been mind-controlling people to do as he pleases...." Her father's words played over in her brain. The scepter was what Loki was using to mind control people, the gem was its power source. Loki looked around, almost nervously, feeling eyes watching him before relaxing. Shaking off the feeling, she returned to their evil doings.

Sirens whaled through the streets. The painful sound hadn't lasted long before the God of Mischief blasted the car with the scepter. Athalia watched as the car flipped over in slow motion. Ahead of the roof caving in at the impact of the fall, injuring the people inside, Athalia placed a safety enchantment on the machine to avoid the driver getting hurt.

"Kneel before me," Loki spoke to the screaming cluster of people. Fake illusions of himself shattering around the streets, cornering them. "I said, KNEEL!" His voice boomed through the air.

The terrified people, looked at the god in fear as they knelt on the ground before him. Athalia was taken aback by Loki's voice. They held so much power against them. It was quiet, for just a moment. One peculiar passing moment. Loki smirked a devilish smirk at the crowd of human beings.

"Is not this simpler?" Loki asked them as he slowly made his way through them, "Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled." Loki spoke, talking down on mankind. "In the end, you will always kneel."