| 14 |

Tony and Bruce had been working in the lab on the ship, while Steve had disappeared off somewhere else

Tony and Bruce had been working in the lab on the ship, while Steve had disappeared off somewhere else. Nat, Thor, and Athalia stayed behind in the main room. The agents still typing away on the computers in front of them trying to locate why Loki had sent his mind-controlled victims.

A screen still had footage of Loki in his holding cell, playing live. He hadn't said a word or made a sound. From time to time he would get up and walk around the circle prison before sitting back down on the seat attacked on one of the glass walls.

The thought of why Loki let them take him so easily, still passed by Athalia's brain. He wasn't going to crack anytime soon and with being the master of mischief, reading his mind was almost out of the question. Athalia knew that he'd just show you a useless piece of information. Re-direct her magic to make it harder to find out the truth.

"As soon as Loki took the doctor, we moved Jane Foster," Coulson told Thor. His words caught Athalia's attention. An image of Jane's face was blown up on the screen next to them. "They've got an excellent observatory in Tromso. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe."

"Thank you." Thor thanked the mortal agent.

"It's no accident, Loki taking Erick Selvig." Athalia joined the conversation, making the two men look at her. "I dread what he plans for him once he's done."

"Erik is a good man."

"He talks about you a lot." Phil told Thor, "You as well," he added surprising Athalia. When the two of them first meet all those months ago, the goddess wasn't able to speak much to him. Seeing as Loki had sent the Destroyer after the Asgarians to kill them. But nonetheless, she felt honored.

"You changed his life," Coulson kept going. "You changed everything around here. Both of you."

"They were better as they were," Thor stated. As the three of them began to walk around the room. "We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we come here, battling like bilge snipe."

"Like what?"

"Bilge snipe." Athalia repeated, "They're huge creatures, scaly, big antlers. Thor is terrified of them. I used to have one as a pet before Odin sent to have it killed."

"You don't have those?" Thor questioned.

"I don't think so."

"They are repulsive and they trample everything in their path," Thor added, moving to stare out the large windows at the night sky. "When I first came to Earth, Loki's rage followed me here, and your people paid the price. And now again. In my youth, I courted war."

"War hasn't started yet." Fury interpreted. "You think you could make Loki tell us where the Tesseract is?"

"I do not know." Thor replied, "Loki's mind is far afield."