CHAPTER FIVE

"Stay here, love. Stefan and I will be right back," Klaus informs as he and Stefan exit the car which was parked in the middle of nowhere.

"If I get murdered it's on you," She mumbles as she mindlessly scrolls on her phone.

"If anyone's going to murder you, love, it will be me. Now sit still and don't move until I get back."

The girl's body goes rigid as he walks away though he stops only a few feet away, "You can breathe, love."

Sol lets out a breath, letting her lungs take in the fresh air. "Oh thank god... Thought I was a goner there for a second."

Klaus rolls his eyes before walking away, screams of terror flowing through Sol's ears only moments later.

She groans at the sounds before hastily turning on the radio, the sounds of crappy country music covering the screams.

Ten minutes later, Klaus came walking back, grimacing at the sounds of the music. "Country? Really, love?"

"Sorry, your highness. This old car only has one channel so it was either this or the sounds of murder... I chose the music."

"Fair enough..."

It was silent for a few minutes before Klaus spoke up once again, "I'm sorry, you know. If I didn't have to do it, I wouldn't have."

"I know... I know. It's not your fault your parents were dicks."

A smile tugged at his lips as he stared at the open road before looking back at her, "What are you doing on your phone? I thought I heard you calling someone... Were you calling the police again?"

She smiles, "No, I learned my lesson last time when you threw my phone out of the car and proceeded to run it over... And I was calling Elena."

"You know if you keep listening to her message that consists of 6 words, you're never going to fully mourn her."

He watches as she fiddles with her fingers, a habit he had noticed she did whenever she didn't know what to say. A sigh escapes from his lips before he gets out of the car only to open the backseat door before entering and pulling her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, love."

— — —

Hours later, Sol was woken up by Klaus as Stefan parked in a small bar's parking lot. The building was old, motorbikes lining the entrance as letters on the sign fought to stay up.

Sol groans at the sight, her arm moving up to cover her eyes earning a laugh from the hybrid. "Come on, love. Time to wake up- it's your time to shine."

"What do you want me to do?" She asks as she glances around the backseat of the car trying to find some food.

"Just a little bit of seduction, that's all. There's a werewolf in there, his name's Ray Sutton... You just need to butter him up a bit."

"What if I told you I was a lesbian?"

"Then why would you have slept with my brother?"

Sol shrugs, "Lesbians can still tell when a man is hot."

Klaus stares at her, a dumbfounded look on his face as she walks past him. "Wait are you a lesbian?"

She smirks as she walks into the bar, leaving the hybrid staring at the space she once stood in shock. "She's a lesbian?"

Stefan rolls his eyes as he walks over, "She's not, she's just messing with you... She swings both ways- much like myself."

Klaus gapes as Stefan walks away, his face beat red and his eyes wide. "They're both gay. Oh my god. I'm running an LG... DP... LGT- Bloody hell too many fucking letters."