CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Kol hadn't taken his hands off of Sol since the night before. Klaus had to physically pry him off her so they could go to a bar, the hybrid wishing to get his fill of drama early.

Now, Sol and Rebekah lounged in the blonde's bedroom, Sol lying on her bed while Rebekah sat at the vanity. "So, did you kiss yet?" Rebekah asked hopefully, staring at Sol with light eyes.

Sol grinned, her heart skipping a beat at the memory.

A smirk came onto the blonde's face, "you did! Was he good? I'm sure I could do better... wanna see?"

Sol chuckled, shaking her head, "I don't think Kol would be too happy if we were to kiss."

Rebekah smirked. "What Kol doesn't know won't hurt him."

— — —

Sol was in the bathtub in Kol's bathroom when her phone started to ring. She glanced over at the sink where her phone sat before groaning, "Bekah!"

Only seconds later the blonde walked inside, her eyes widening slightly at the sight of Sol's chest only covered by bubbles. "Good morning to you too, love."

"Funny. Can you hand me my phone?"

Once the phone was in the girl's hand she stared at the name in confusion.

'Parker'

It said in bold letters, the answer button just below it.

"Who is it?" Rebekah asked, noticing how the girl's heart had stopped for a moment.

Sol, not taking her eyes off of the phone answered, "It's my husband."

"You're... deceased husband?"

"That's the one," Sol muttered before answering the call. "Who is this? And why do you have Parker's phone?"

"Lieutenant Gilbert? This is Colonel Hampton. Sorry for using this number but it was the only phone that had your number."

The girl breathed out. For the slightest moment, she had thought he was still alive. "What do you need, Colonel?"

"There is no easy way to tell you this but you've been drafted. You leave in three months."

When Sol said nothing the woman spoke up once again, "We know you have gone through a hard two years, Gilbert. But this war... we need all hands on deck. And you, Lieutenant, are the best pilot the world has ever known. If we want to win this war, we need you and your skills."

Sol cleared her throat before answering a quiet "Okay. I'll see you in three months, Colonel."

Rebekah stared at the brunette, multiple emotions flowing through her eyes. "What does this mean, Sol?"

"You know what this means, Rebekah... How am I going to tell Kol?"

— — —

An hour had passed since Sol received the news. Rebekah had left after she had called Kol, telling him to come home. Now, Sol sat on her bed unable to take her eyes off of her flight jacket and helmet with the writing 'Mirk One' written on the forehead.

"Darling?" She hears his voice call from the entryway as he closes the door.

"I- I'm up here!"

"What are you doing in here, love?" Kol asked as he walked into her bedroom.

"We need to talk."

"If this is about me stealing your food last night I can buy you more," He hurried out, his words slightly jumbled earning a soft smile from the girl.

"It's not that, Koala."

His brows knitted. "Then what is it? You can tell me, darling."

"Please don't get upset," Sol pleaded as the boy sat beside her.

Kol frowned, grasping onto her chin, forcing her to look at him. "Upset? Darling, I could never be angry with you."

"I got drafted... I'm leaving in three months."

A haunted look flashed through his eyes before they went back to normal. "That's... Okay. You're gonna be okay, darling."

Her eyes widened. "You aren't mad?"

"Mad? Of course, I'm not mad. If anything I'm proud. You, Sol Gilbert, are the bravest person I have ever known... And when you get back, I'm going to give you a ring and we are going to go back to Paris. You'll get a white dress and I'll get a suit and Elijah will marry us. I promise you, my darling, I will never leave you."

He clears his throat, a pain appearing in his chest as he stares at the woman who sat in front of him.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, noticing his skin turning a paler shade as he continued to cough.

"I'm fine- I'm fine... Why don't we just have a nap- '' He cuts himself off with yet another cough before his eyes closed, grey veins covering his skin as he falls right into her lap.

Sol quickly wrapped her arms around his torso, stopping him from falling onto the floor.

She fumbled, grabbing her phone before dialling a number.

"Nik, what the hell did you do?"

"It wasn't me, love. The Salvatore's daggered Rebekah in an attempt to kill us all. Kol should wake up soon... Don't go anywhere near my mother, okay?"

"Okay... Be safe, Nik."

Only minutes later, the sounds of Kol coughing followed by curses filled her ears. "What the hell was that?" He questioned, a small smirk appearing on his lips when he realized his head had fallen right onto her chest.

"Rebekah got daggered. Turns out Esther put some spell on you that linked you together. So if one gets daggered-"

"The others are daggered as well. Lovely. Are you alright? It didn't affect you, did it?"

"I'm okay, Koala. You scared me there for a second," She whispered before feeling him pull her in for a hug.

His arms wrapped around her waist, promptly lifting her from her seated position to his lap where her legs wrapped around his waist, her hands tangling themselves in his hair as they held each other. 

A/N 

Well, that was fun... What do we think about Sol going back to war?