CHAPTER TWELVE

Kol and Sol's vacation came to an end quicker than they wished. They had only been gone for a week before they were called by the now undaggered Elijah and told to come back to the dreadful town known as Mystic Falls.

Every minute Sol had spent with Kol she felt as though a weight was being lifted from her chest. Every minute Kol spent with Sol he felt his heart slowly being repaired. Even though they were only best friends they loved each other, though it wasn't the way Sol loved Nik or Kol loved Rebekah.

— — —

Being in Mystic Falls was the last place Sol wanted to be. Sure, she loved it when she was a kid, but now, after everything that went down, she would much rather be on the other side of the world.

"What did our brother do this time, Elijah?" Kol inquired as he and Sol stepped out of his black Audi, Sol stretching her legs as Kol spoke to the other original.

"He has our siblings once again. My plan is to undagger them tonight with the help of Damon Salvatore," Elijah answers, his eyes glancing over at Sol, smiling slightly when he sees her almost trip on a branch.

Kol rolled his eyes, stepping in front of his brother's vision as an act to cover Sol, "She's mine. Now, what do you want us to do?"

— — —

"It's nice to see you again, sexy suit man," Sol greets as she sits down on one of the luxurious couches in Nik's mansion that sat on the outskirts of Mystic Falls.

Elijah chuckles, "It's nice to see you again too, Sol. I see my brother has taken quite a liking to you."

"Kol? No, we're just friends."

"Just friends, huh? I've known my brother for a thousand years and he doesn't look at his friends the way he looks at you."

Sol looks at him, confusion filling her green eyes, "He looks at me differently? I thought he just wanted to murder me all the time."

"Well, that might be it too. Niklaus did tell me he threw you off a bridge after commenting on his hair."

"That's so not helpful. I thought you were the helpful sibl-"

"Are you two flirting? Stop flirting!" Kol shouts as he runs down the stairs.
Elijah sent a smile at Sol before leaving, "I'll give you two some space."

"Hey, Kol," Sol says with an innocent smile, the boy immediately catching on, "He didn't kiss you, did he?"

"No, Kol. It happened one time and it won't be happening again. I'm not into your brother."

Kol's shoulder's relaxed though they quickly tensed up once again, "What about Rebekah?"

"Somehow I'm not into her either."

"Then who- who are you into?"

"It's a secret," Sol whispers seductively into the vampire's ear, placing a kiss on his neck before walking away, leaving the boy flabbergasted.

— — —

"Throughout the course of this dinner, I want the both of you to behave, alright?" Elijah lectures, Klaus standing beside him whilst Sol and Kol lounge on the couches.

Sol, not bothering to look up from her book nods, "yeah, sure."

"What she said," Kol mutters as he continues to attempt to text.

Sol frowned at her phone when she received a message, "Kol, why did you send me that?"

"I sent you something?" He questions, still barely able to unlock his phone.