seven.

dean matthews had worked at his grandfather's law enforcement since he was around the upcoming age of becoming a adult, his grandfather declan matthew had taught dean everything he needed to know about his law enforcement company

and after a hard day at work, dean always walked himself to the closet bar that he could find to down his hard day at work before doing the same over and over again, sipping the last of his beer as he had caught the attention of a pretty blonde.

who sent him a smile as she motioned to the seat besides herself, which dean compiled standing up and walking over to the attractive lady with a charming smile.

this was what he did, go to the local bar, find some attractive girl to sleep with at the bar or at his law enforcement which he had done before never texting or calling them back the next day, which was awkward, not for dean since he didn't remember any of the women he'd hooked up with at his law enforcement only remembering them from the colour of their hair or the way their hair was.

dean had always been a player and selfish but when he had been involved in his grandfather's building fire, the first thing he did was not run, instead he looked for his grandfather to find declan matthews being surrounded by fire.

dean made a quick beeline for his grandfather picking him up and putting him over his shoulder, going out from his grandfather's office seeing some of his co-workers on the stairs coughing.

he looked around, not wanting to panic thinking of a way he could get his co-workers some fresh air to clear their lungs, dean looked down the staircase seeing the fire starting to jump up levels, "everyone if you can, grab a partner and make your way upstairs, go all the way to the roof, okay, go!"

he ordered as his co-workers did what dean said knowing that dean's father was fire captain, "go! go! go!" he slammed shut the roof door when he saw the fire coming up.

dean set his grandfather down onto the ground as someone had called 9-1-1 telling them their location and about dean's grandfather who wasn't responding, "grandpa, grandpa, come on, don't die on me please,"

dean did cpr on his grandfather's non rising chest, counting each time he did it where his left hand was underneath his right hand pressing down onto his grandfather's chest stopping for a second putting his fingers to his grandfather's neck feeling a pulse.

declan breathes in the fresh air looking above him seeing his grandson with a scared look on his face, "grandpa, just wait until the paramedics get here to see if you're okay," he tells his grandpa who nods his head sitting against the wall of the roof top.

after the rescue dean had done at his grandfather's law enforcement, his grandfather was proud of his grandson for saving him and the rest of his law enforcement otherwise he and his employees would've been another one of his lost employees that died from the fire.