eight.

dean matthews didn't how long he had been out on maddie's front door, his abdomen bleeding out from where jason had stabbed him

evan buckley rushed towards one of his best friends seeing dean's blood pool from his abdomen onto his white buttoned up shirt, "dean, dean?" evan took out his phone from his pocket calling 9-1-1, "i'm at 1831 bryson avenue, i have an adult male with multiple stab wounds to his torso, need medical and police response,"

"okay, sir, i can get your name?"
"evan buckley, i'm a firefighter with the one eighteen,"

evan took off his blazer applying it to his best friend's stabbed torso, "please don't die, dean," he said to his best friend, "uh, victim is dean matthews, he's got profuse bleeding to his abdomen, breathing is laboured, might have hit a lung,"

evan touched his friend's face, "come on, dean, hang in there," dean didn't move a thing, "buck, ra unit's two minutes out, do you know this happened? how long has he been down?"

the 9-1-1 dispatcher josh russo asked, "i don't know," evan said, "i just got home and found him, given the amount of blood, i'd say a few minutes, not hours,"

"how's his pulse?"

evan reached in and touched dean's neck feeling his bets friend's weak pulse, "weak, but it's there," dean opened his eyes slightly, "jason.." he groaned, "h-hold on, he's, uh—he's talking, dean, it's me, it's buck, i'm here, i just need you to stay with me, dean,"

"jason took her..."

evan looked at his slightly unconscious best friend, "dean, who is jason?" dean groaned, "maddie," he opened his eyes more seeing buck over him, "he took maddie," evan looked at dean, "where is maddie?"

"dean, where is maddie?"

evan kept repeating as dean wasn't able to answer anymore when he hears sirens coming towards him about to sit up, "no dean, stay down," evan told his friend who just wanted to find her, "maddie.."

"he took maddie.."

buck went away from dean going inside the house as the paramedics applied pads to dean's bleeding wound after ripping open his buttoned up shirt, "i liked this shirt," he said after seeing the paramedics ripping his shirt open, "shh," the paramedic applied the oxygen mask to dean's face, "it's okay, save your energy okay, don't talk,"

"is he dead?"

maddie asked in the car of her ex husband's, in the passenger seat being held hostage, "if he's not, he will be," maddie had tears running down her face, "he's not our problem anymore,"

doug said to his wife, "why would you do that? he's-he's such a kind man, he was so good," maddie cried, "you think i don't know that? i didn't want to hurt him, i liked dean," maddie turned to him after hearing his name come out of her ex husband's mouth, "we were friends,"