nine.

dean had been home for a week and a half, and he had his niece and nephew stay with him since sam and quinn didn't want their brother to be alone which was true since dean was always bad when he was alone, cause he'd overthink about things he shou...

dean had been home for a week and a half, and he had his niece and nephew stay with him since sam and quinn didn't want their brother to be alone which was true since dean was always bad when he was alone, cause he'd overthink about things he shouldn't be thinking about.

dean was folding his and his niece and nephew's clothes talking to chimney and hen as sam had taken his kids out to the park, "i got stabbed, and it totally sucked, but then i remembered something a wise man once said, life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it," he folded his clothes.

"a wise man of history," hen looked at her best friend, "aristotle, solomon, dr king, bueller, bueller," dean rolled his eyes playfully, "don't mock me, i'm convalescing, anyways,"

dean let out a sigh, "ferris bheller only had one day off, i have weeks of free time and i'm determined to make the most of it," he tells his friends, "last time i almost died, i didn't get to have any fun at all,"

hen and chimney looked at dean, "is that why you're turning all your and your niece and nephew's clothes into index cards?" hen asked as dean looked at her, "not all of them,"

dean stared at the same white shirt he wore for his and maddie's first date, "is that—" his mind flashed back to when he had gotten stabbed, "um—" he got out of his daze when chimney had taken the top from his friend's hand, "how did you get this? this is evidence,"

dean cleared his throat, "i know, but it is also my favourite shirt," he claimed to his friends as chimney looked at dean, "the same favourite shirt that you got stabbed in by maddie's now dead ex husband?" dean looked at chimney, "good thing he's dead, cause i know people in prison,"

"okay, criminal mind,"

hen said playfully throwing one of dean's not done up shirts to him which he caught, "so i guess—maddie still sparks joy?" dean didn't even have to think about that, as he looked at hen, "always," hen and chimney smiled at that.

dean spent his day once again in his apartment after taking his niece and nephew to their class what was at the firehouse, the specific firehouse that he worked at, "dean, hey,"

buck said looking at his friend who came into the firehouse with his niece and nephew, "what are you doing here—?" bobby stopped the question leaving his lips after seeing his two favourite students charlie and rikki, "i'll pick you both up after school, okay?"

the twins nod their heads going to their friends as dean smiled watching them interact with their classmates, "this the first time you've left your apartment?"

dean looked at his captain, "normally sam would argue with me about who's gonna take them to school but today, sam and alyssa both had a meeting so..i got to," he said smiling, "which is good because i have been stuck in my apartment for a week and a half,"