Prologue

A/n (First part is third person POV the rest will be first person)

They're all dead, she thought to herself. She would be too if Hydra put her in Cryo freeze like her comrades, but they didn't feel the need to. She may have been for some length of time, but if she had, she had no recollection of it. She had never even left the facility, other than a handful of missions with one of the other soldiers.  They hadn't let her leave alone because she was still young and impressionable. Maybe they worried how much control they really had over the girl. When the man came in she didn't even know he wasn't a new commander until it was too late, and now she was hiding in a closet all alone with no orders. She couldn't kill the man without authorization to do so. All she could do was fight for her life.

When the door opened she readied herself to fight, after all she was a super soldier and she wasn't sure there were any others left.
A blond man who looked like the America threw up on him entered the room.
Captain America. She inferred, she had been debriefed on him a long time ago.
She sprung at the man and noticed that a man she recognized as the infamous winter soldier was behind him.

He grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the ground obviously not wanting to hurt her. He was strong and fast, like her. He was obviously a super soldier, "woah, woah, woah, kid, slow down"
She fought against his grip has best as she could, but his size gave him the upper hand. Her eyes darted to the Winter Soldier for assistance although she know she wasn't ever  to need ask for any.
"Does she understand English?" Captain America asked the winter soldier. The girl didn't understand why they were together.
The Winter soldier nodded tersely.

"Stand down" the winter soldier told her.
She stopped struggling to free her wrist and let her arms fall limply in the blond man's hands. She would never disobey orders from her superior.

Captain America looked down at her with a warmth she had never been shown before and let her go, "what's your name?"
"Violet Gladiator" she responded
The man shook his head, "no, your real name"
The question confused the girl, "Experiment 126, success 9"
The man looked down at her sadly and she braced herself for him to hit her like she had always been when she made a mistake, but he never did.
Instead, he wrapped his arms around her and squeezed. She didn't know what it was, but she was grateful it didn't hurt.

It occurred to the blond man that he hadn't introduced himself, "I'm Steve Rogers"
She cocked her eyebrow at the man. Nobody had every felt the need to tell her who they were; only what to do or to plead for their lives.
"I'm Bucky Barnes" the brunette said catching onto what the blond man was doing.
The girl nodded along curious if captain America was with Hydra now, or if the Winter Soldier was with the Avengers.

Bucky turned his attention to Steve, "What are we going to do with her?"
"We'll make sure she gets a normal life" Steve responded
"No more missions" Bucky agreed, eyes darting to the girl.
"We'll have to give her to someone we trust since we're on the run." Steve said to Bucky.
"Like who?"
"They're misguided but maybe Tony or Bruce" Steve continued
"What if they turn her over?"
"She's just a kid, they can't blame her for what I did"
"She's with Hydra"
"You changed, so can she."
Bucky seemed to find the answer acceptable and turned back to the girl, "You're going inactive"
The girl simply nodded. She was prepared to take anything Bucky said as an order.