Prologue

Key
(y/n): your name

(n/n): nickname

(h/c): hair color

(e/c): eye color

(s/c):skin color

(f/c): favorite color

(f/f): favorite food

(f/f/t): favorite flower type

Prologue
A cry in the mist
16 years b.I
(b.l = Before Luz)

The night was dark and cold. There was nothing special about this night, it was just your simple, average day. The castle was moving about as all were getting ready for the day's end. The castle was calm as all were unwinding from the day's events ready for the sweet embrace of sleep to take them. Some were joking with friends, others were in their rooms finishing up their day's work. All and all, the night was calm.

Emperor Belos looked out his window at the boiling Isles as parents called their children to bed and people made their way back to their homes. Looking up, he saw nothing but a slightly cloudy sky with the stars twinkling as much as they usually do.

He then turned to his fireplace, looking into the warm flames. He could only see the light glow and feel its slight warmth. After placing another log into the fireplace, he moves on to something else. Emperor Belos makes his way toward his grand oak door covered in carvings and firmly grasps the gold door knob. With a light turn of the knob  and some force,  he opens the grand door, and leaves  his room.

Slowly, he makes long strides down the dimly lit halls of the castle, looking at the tapestries of his accomplishments hanging on the walls along the way. He lets out a sigh before continuing on. As he passes down the hall he witnesses those who are still awake chatting among themselves before bowing to him and then running off. He lets out another sigh before making it to his destination: a garden filled with the utmost beautiful plants and flowers the world had ever seen. But at that moment, everything looked dull. The world around him seemed as if nothing had meaning anymore. Every day was the exact same over and over to the point he had it memorized.

Schedule:
Get up in the morning
Approve things
Have a class take a tour of the castle
Give an inspiring speech of some kind
Take care of troublemakers
Meeting
Meeting
Meeting
Another meeting
Paperwork
Bed
Repeat

Doing the same thing for over ten years can get pretty boring.Nothing has the same wonder or excitement that it used to have. Belos sat at one of the garden benches and looked around, hoping to find even a semblance of the wonder he used to see every day, even if it was just the smartest inkling of hope. But he found that everything just seemed as dull and meaningless as the last. With a disappointed sigh, he got up, dusted off his robes, and walked out without sparing anything a second glance.  Keeping his head down, he walked back through the corridor and the now empty castle. The only noise that could be heard was the taps of his shoes against the cold tile flooring and the muffled crying in the distance.

'Wait crying' Belos asked himself in confusion. 'There shouldn't be any crying here.' He thought to himself again. He looked around the entrance hall, confused, looking for the source of the noise. He followed the crying to find that it led to the front gate. Cautiously, he checked to see if there was anyone around before reaching for the brass latch. As he opened it slightly, the crying became louder.  Belos looked down, and saw only a small basket with a blanket draped over the top.

Concerned,he picked up the basket and quickly teleported back to his room. Placing the basket on his desk, he took notice of a small envelope. Grabbing the letter, he  opened it, slowly reading the contents inside.

Dear Emperor's Coven,
I don't know what else I can do.
Unfortunately, I have to give up my child to you as my wife and I were both attacked, for reasons unknown. My wife died instantly, but I was able to get away, wounded,maybe but alive enough to drop her off here. I don't have much time left. By the time you find her, I'll already be dead. There's a separate letter I would like for you to give her when she turns sixteen.
Thank you.
Sincerely,

There was no name, just a line where it looked as if they tried to write it. Folding the letter back up, he placed it in one of the drawers in his desk. Wasting no time he pulled off the blanket only to see two big (e/c) eyes staring back at him in wonder. Staring in astonishment at the small creature, bringing her into the light he finally got a better look. She was small, or at least smaller than any other children he had encountered before. She had a small round face with plump full cheeks and the smallest hands he had ever seen. She had small tufts of thin (h/c) hair covering her head, as well as a warm fuzzy blanket wrapped around her.

Gently, he picked her up, adjusting her to his grip to make sure she was comfortable. Part of the blanket came undone to reveal an embroidered name stitched in the top corner, reading only one word: (Y/n), in (f/c) threading. The word for stars. Looking back at the girl he raised a finger, which she grabbed with her small chubby hand. Smiling down at her in happiness he gently rocked her to sleep, whispering one thing to her

"Well hello there, (y/n). Welcome to the Emperor's Coven