Chapter five

kisses and confessions
Age 16/17

(Y/n) POV

Two years had passed since Hunter became my personal guard. I look down at the small silver star on my wrist. Rubbing it gently up and down I sit on the windowsill of my study room. I sigh sadly as I look out the window to see hunter training. About a year back my father recruited him to become the 'golden guard' which means he's been more busy as he carries more responsibilities as my fathers right hand. But he always made sure to make time for me when he could.

Of course coven life has been amazing since I was introduced at the ceremony. Ive been able to learn from all different kinds of people, and I'm proud to say that I have truly grown. Slowly I rub the mark on my wrist making it glow a faint (f/c), after a year or so of having the mark we both discovered that my father had hunter and I soul bound together meaning if i get hurt hunter can feel it, he also knows when i'm in distress as well. But making it glow is just our simple way of saying 'I miss you.'

But lately it seems as if he's been avoiding me, everytime i speak with him he brushes me off before leaving. The only thing he responds to me with is when my mark glows back a light green, i don't understand but its the last bit of hope i have. Sighing I get up and start to make my way to the library grabbing my fifth Azura book on the way.

Using my magic I open the doors in my path, as I pass coven members they give a small upper body bow in respect. With a smile I thank them graciously as I continue my way. Lost in thought I didn't even realize that I had made it to the library until someone tapped my shoulder. "Your majesty?" Asked a voice startling me from my trance, turning round quickly seeing a pair of wide green eyes and dark hair. "Oh lilith it's only you! You frightened me there for a moment!" I laughed, making her smile.

"I apologize, but it seemed as if you were in a trance. Is there something you would like to talk about?" Lilith asked calmly. Ever since the day she helped me get ready she had almost become like a mother to me. With an exasperated sigh I sit on the small reading couch behind us, looking down in disappointment. "Hmm that bad hu, well spill it, what's got your head all up in the clouds?" she asks, sitting down next to me as she takes my hands into hers. "Well its kinda dumb..."

"no no no! your feelings arent dumb now spill." "Well... oh alright it's about my bodyguard..." before I can continue on she cuts in. "You mean that golden guard dude? What about him? Did he hurt you? Are you ok?!" she asked worriedly, grabbing my face to check me over. "I'm ok! I'm ok! Plus you know there's no chance he could hurt me!" I say pulling her hands off me.

"It's just that it seems like he's been avoiding me lately." I sigh looking down before suddenly a (f/c) mug appears before me. Looking over, Lilith hands me the mug that's been filled with warm tea that she had summoned, smiling at her. I take the cup from her pale hands and blow on it lightly before taking a sip. As the warm liquid ran down my throat it felt as if a warm blanket had encased me.

"And why do you say that he's avoiding you?" Lilith then asks, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Well he usually always makes time for me! He's always been  there but now he barely even talks  to me. Everytime I see him it makes me happy and everytime he hugs me I feel warm on the inside, and everytime I think of him I smile. I miss him. But every time I get even remotely close to him he runs away! Oh what am I doing wrong Lilith?" I take a deep breath and another sip of my tea before looking up again. "Oh nothing darling, absolutely nothing... wait?"

Looking up I see Lilith with a look of amusement and knowing on her face. "Wait, go on, Tell me more." I give her a look of confusion"Tell you more what?" I ask curiously "Tell me more about how else he makes you feel?" she asks scooting closer to me. Looking at her in confusement i continued on "um ok, well he makes me happy, when i'm around him everything seems brighter. He makes my days warmer and when he hugs me or smiles at me I get this fluttering feeling in my stomach and chest. But he also makes me feel safe." I sigh out in content looking up. I see Lilith whose look grew more.